Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Acclaim in danger of being delisted

1. Quote Originally Posted by SearchManX
    Anybody play Acclaims DoAXBV/Beach Spikers clone yet? :P
    looks like this one s a bit more focused on the gameplay than DOAXB
    but still crap

2. Actually, it was originally going to have an MTV lisence for no reason whasoever.
    Looks decent to me.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Actually, I was just surprised because a rep from Acclaim told me that it was only "inspired" by the movie. My guess is that they were "inspired" by it's success. You say it's based on the movie. Hell, I dunno, they're weird, I thought they actually got the lisence or something.
    Trust me, though, I know they suck. I've known they suck. I was just shocked by how much they have grown to suck.
    I don't hate any publisher more than I do Acclaim. Actually, they're the only one I hate. Their games constantly suck. Probably stems back to when I used to run a wrestling game website, and those games were terrible pieces of trash.

Quote Originally Posted by t_mac
    looks like this one s a bit more focused on the gameplay than DOAXB
    but still crap
    That's not a good thing, because Acclaims idea of gameplay is up down left right, shoot and quit.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. Acclaim weren't always bad you know. NBA jam, Turok 1,2,3, forsaken, the sidescrolling alien games, burnout.

Licenses usually have to suck because of the cost. Acclaim need to make another comic book-licensed game like they did with Turok. Comic books may be the key. Old cartoons have all been taken :Transformers, Robotech, AstroBoy, Turtles etc
    so they should get something from the comics side of things imo. If anything acclaim should play test the games they make. Turok Evo may have been decent if only the controls were sharpened up and you could actually avoid damage from enemies instead of having to take hits and hope health will fall out of the enmies' ass to make up for the sloppiness in controls. They might not be the most trustworthy name but they don't deserve death.

5. Acclaim's had their moments over the years, but the sheer volume of crap licensed software they've polluted the shelves with over the years has almost competely overshadowed the good they've done.

That being said, I'm still curious to see how Gladius ends up turning out. If it's yet another in a long line of turds the company has been churning out, it'll likely be their deathknell.
    omg TNL epics!

6. Quote Originally Posted by GameHED
    Licenses usually have to suck because of the cost. Acclaim need to make another comic book-licensed game like they did with Turok. Comic books may be the key.
    Sounds good, I think Acclaim should make a game based on Shadow Man... oh, wait...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    Actually, it was originally going to have an MTV lisence for no reason whasoever.
    MTV (or the games division anyway) just wanted to get in on the volleyball game scene. An idea that didn't get very far. I'm surprised that they talked to Acclaim in the first place, but after it was discovered that Acclaim owed MTV money for a previous deal, it ended there.

8. Gladiator was not designed by Acclaim. It was being designed by a company (Color Dreams?) and it was so costly it killed that company, and then Acclaim bought them out. So, whether it's good or not, it's not *really* an internally developed Acclaim game in the sense of Turok.

Too bad for Acclaim that Gladiator and Gladius are coming out around the same time. I think Gladiator and Alias both have potential, but neither will sell enough - *IF* they are good, probably 200,000 copies tops for each title.
    No gnus is good gnus.

9. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll
    Gladiator was not designed by Acclaim. It was being designed by a company (Color Dreams?)
    They still existed !? I haven't seen anything from them since the NES.
    -Kyo

10. Somehow, I don't feel too bad for them.