Thread: Better than DMC2?Chaos Legion!

Better than DMC2?Chaos Legion!

Sup ya'll...i picked this up a couple of days ago....very sexy game...from presentation to action to the story bits are very sleek.so lets see shall we.

First off the graphics:very nice graphics.the main characters isn't your typical hero for the simple fact he has red hair.really how many heroes have red hair.there usually blonde or black.his design is rather tame.white tattered coat with a nice design on the back the flows VERY nicely has he moves,jumps,and rolls.The enemies come in the typical form but all look very nice.the textures are nice and smooth,i havn't noticed any jaggies but they may be there.the only downside with the envioroment is its mostly mountains and castles.i haven't hit a country side yet.a little foggy in the distance but i guess its overlookable.
    Your legions look very nice.very nicely designed and exicuted.with no legs but floating on a very nice blue or red flame.the graphics all in all are clean,slick,and not prerendered.there are invisible walls but i don't really care. Graphics:8

sound:from sword clashes to the thud of a big enemy getting rock bottomed(i will tell you that latere) every sounds nice.all enemies give out a roar or scream when they die.some sound like women getting massacred.footsteps or enemies and your character are nice,from loud thumps to the click clacking or 6 foot tall spiders,everythin sounds as it should.The music isn't really ambiance but you won't really notice it that much.your doing to much asskicking to really pay attention as there are always enemies to fight.Now...to voice...hmmph,a mixed back,the chick sounds nice.the main character doesn't talk much,but when he does he sounds bored.and the sepheroth cosplayer(he has a seen covered in fire) is okay.overall as is to be expected,U.S. voice acting is nothin to right home about. Sound 7

Gameplay:Now this game is a straight up brawler,no puzzles except when you want to get a item..if you don't have the right legion your screwed.other than that...your just walking kicking ass,not taking names and kickin more ass.no really platforming except to get items.you have your rolls,your double jumps(if you have the right legion equiped)and your slashes.all rather standerd...but that why this game has the Chaos Legion,a group of badass mother f'ers to call on to PHUCK SOME SH!T UP!ahem...from bombers,to little f'ers with claws that jump all over the place.its pretty much all there.and when they are not called on they have little assist attacks that can..AND WILL get you out of tough situations.
    Leqions also have to modes while summoned.passive and agggresive(blue and red)passive mode they set up a parimater around the character and absorb hits,attacking whatever comes in to the circle and waiting for instructions.in this mode when holding R1,they take up a def position in front of you.Agressive:attack everything.really they will friggin run off in the distance to beat up some shit.Force:all Legion have a speciall attack.just hit triangle while in blue or red mode and they do it.some are usefull..others aren't.There is also a lock on feature,when locked you can strafe around an enemy,and the legion will direct all attacks on that enemy.Legions also give you moves,from down stabs,shoulder charges and double jumps.and you can only equip 2 for a level,so choose wisely.so shall we do a rundown??

Guilt/sword:I like these guys,swordman that come in 3 to 5 formations.nice a quick,they start out weak but with leveling up they get rather powerfull.Assist:a Sieg(M.C)does a dashing slash,fallowed by legion doint there own slashes,2 to 6 slashes.Force:when you have a enemy all Legion slash the hell out of the enemey.usually doing about 41 hits with a 3 legion squad.Good againt organic enemies.

Hatred/power:My fav.these big haulking muther f'ers just beat you down.they come in 2 to 4 formations.they are slow,but hella powerfull,and they have the best assist against big enemies.and they taunt.Assist:a legion come out,absorbs a hit,and counters with a nice move,on small enemies its just a power bomb(!),Big enemies get the mother of all rock bottoms,and mid enemies tend to just get beat down.Force:the legion an enemy and pummel them,really,i meen from stomping on them,to getting on top of them and punching them in the face.its funny seing 1 stomping,1 punching them,and the other one taunting.Great against organic.

Malice/arrow:these guys are okay i guess,good for long distance,and they make some enemies much easier to beat.they come in 2 to 4 formation.and are stationary attackers in blue mode.Assist:Sieg knocks the enemy up with a sword slash,and a legion arrow the hell out of it while its in the air,not power against all enemies but usefull.Force:attack,you can mash the force button an do some nice rapid fire arrow shots.good if your sarrounded by alot of metal enemies.
    good agains metal.

Arragance/shield.don't like it don't care for it.i dont' even know what it really doesi just not is sucks for me.so sorry.

Flawed/Claw.these little buggers are small quick,and get beat down easily.but they are good against metal and are cool to look at,they tend to lick there claws when not doing anything.Assist:Sieg throws down a sword on the ground.if it hits an enemie a legion does a friggin shoryuken while electrifing them.and they can also be laid as mines.Force:they jump on top of an enemie and do a nice little Gen-an esque drill on there heads.infact..these guys really remind of me of Gen-an.good against metal.

Blasphemy/bomb:these guys are okay but i havn't gotten the hang of them yet.come in 1 to 3 formations are nice for knocking enemies away from you.Assist:a legion comes out,lays on the ground while Sieg does a nice little punt knocking it in the air.good against airborn enemies,there are doors on some stages that have VALUABLE healling and power up items they only they get get through.Force:the little basterd lays down on the ground like a land mine and explodes knocking enemies back,nice actually.good against airborn and any body stupid enough to walk on them.

There is one more Legion called Thanatos but i havn't collected all the pieces yet.you get it in the first level than its destroyed.sucks huh.

Well that is my impression/Review.sorry if its to long.I know it should be in the little review section but...whatever.

JBNagis
    Fresh for 03' you SUCKAS!!

2. Well, We already have CL related thread, but good to hear that you enjoying this game Nice impressions.

I also currently playing it, and indeed its just fun action game.

I think character designs are pretty cool, and hero(Sieg) not your clear cut good guy. He seems more like a mercenary for the Church called to clean up the mess. I dig that.

3. I haven't played much of it, and I refuse to read "real" reviews, so what is your guys' take on the overall difficulty and replay value?

4. I refuse to read reviews where someone can't put spaces after their punctuations.