Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Acclaim in danger of being delisted

1. Acclaim in danger of being delisted

Acclaim in danger of being delisted
    » Does this worry anyone?
    News | Tuesday, July 29, 2003 | Brian Liu [Staff Writer]

Things aren't looking so hot for Acclaim Entertainment. The company has 180 days to bring the company stock price above $1.00 or face delisting from the NASDAQ Index.

Acclaim is the publisher of such controversial games as BMX XXX and has made a name for itself with many outrageous publicity stunts, such as refunding all speeding tickets in the UK to promote the game Burnout, offering parents prizes to name their baby Turok, and advertising on gravestones.

http://www.gameforms.com/news/?926

2. Small factual error in that article, it was Burnout 2, not Burnout, that Acclaim tried that brilliant marketing plan out on. Either way, I'm not going to mourn their potential delisting all that much.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Acclaim received a 180 day waiver, so no worry about delisting until January now. They did a private placement, too, selling 30 million shares to investors so they now have another $15 million in cash or so. They want to sell another 30 million this fall if shareholders approve, so they have enough cash to survive. With all that dilution, though, it could hurt the stock price. Basically, it's up to Alias and Gladiator this fall. If they both fail, Acclaim will likely be done for ... unless it can pull another rabbit out of it's hat.
    No gnus is good gnus.

4. Well, they always do. Although now folks are wising up more than ever to their shady ways, so they might not get so lucky this time around.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. It's about time.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Y'know, it's funny...
    Save for Gladius, every single one of its upcoming games is lisenced off something. Every one.
    I guess hiring a creative team is out of their budget, too.

7. Gladius is made by Lucas Arts, I believe.

Good riddance. Maybe I'll go to auction and buy the Turok name for 2 bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. YES! YES IT DOES!

Okay, no it doesn't. But Gladius comes out this month for the Cube, that game looks very very good. Technically, the Gladiator license is based off of the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Gladius will be KING!!!!

Hmmm. Acclaim. Never had an overbearing love for them, but I've never hated them as much as others on this board do.

Meh. Either way it's meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.