Thread: Buying Rez

1. Buying Rez

...I plan to get Rez soon for my Dreamcast (don't own a PS2), but I'm a newbie to importing. I know how to use bootdisks, but is there any difference between the Japanese and European version that I should look out for, like I had heard PAL games run at a lower refresh rate, so the frames are slower?
    Also, isn't there a force feedback vest for this game I could look into? What is that thing called?
    thanks for any help

Re: Buying Rez

Originally posted by Dunlap
    ...I plan to get Rez soon for my Dreamcast (don't own a PS2), but I'm a newbie to importing. I know how to use bootdisks, but is there any difference between the Japanese and European version that I should look out for, like I had heard PAL games run at a lower refresh rate, so the frames are slower?
    I couldn't get my PAL version to run with my vga box. My Japanese version works fine. Those are the only differences I know of. I reccommend heading to www.lan-kwei.com to pick the game up. If its not listed on the site, email the guy that runs the site, and he will probably be able to track it down for you.

Also, isn't there a force feedback vest for this game I could look into? What is that thing called?
    Beats me... perhaps you are thinking of the PS2s trancevibrator.

3. thanks! that seems like a good place, and I would prefer the Japanese version myself anyway (at other sites the J version was either out of stock or $10 more).
    Yah, the PS2 Trancevibrator, that's what it was. Ok

4. I've got Euro Rez and it runs fine on my VGA box. Maybe it's because I have a chip and not a boot disk.

5. Mebbe you have to use a specific boot disk to get it to run properly.
    omg TNL epics!

6. Like Shemnue 2, REZ Euro will only run in VGA with a certain boot disk, though I don't know if it's Gameshark or Utopia. You may want to ask on a dedicated DC board. *-neo

7. Re: Buying Rez

Originally posted by Dunlap
    thanks for any help
    About the refresh rate, this isn't a problem with most Euro DC games. Many have a option to play in 50 (PAL) HZ or 60 (NSTC) HZ. REZ automatically plays at 60HZ when you boot it. The European version of REZ is exactly the same as the Japanese, in fact they both share the same credits so the game was likely made for both markets at the same time. I have both, the Euro version has a slight advantage, the manual is in English, both Euro and Japanese versions have English during the actual game. *-neo

8. Originally posted by neoalphazero
    Like Shemnue 2, REZ Euro will only run in VGA with a certain boot disk, though I don't know if it's Gameshark or Utopia. You may want to ask on a dedicated DC board. *-neo
    Shenmue II runs with my Pelican Codebreaker, which is basically the same thing as a Gameshark (GS codes work for it).
    -Kyo