Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Games that were/are better on underpowered platforms.

1. Originally posted by Mzo
    Wow.

Yeah, I know. I have it, and the SNES and Genny versions (don't ask me why). The Saturn version's great. So what? We're talking about Earthworm Jim, not Earthworm Jim 2. They're different games. The easiest way to tell is that, in EWJ2, Jim never stops moving. Ever. He runs in place. It's very unnerving.

Then why did you bring up the Sega CD version? It's not exactly underpowered, when comparing it to the Genesis or SNES versions.

Then why did you bring up the Sega CD version? It's not exactly underpowered, when comparing it to the Genesis or SNES versions
    OK... let's go!

The point of this thread is to point out games which, somehow, despite all the odds, are better on an *underpowered*, on a lesser system than the versions released on beefier systems.

Right?

Well, here we are, talking about how the Genesis (weaker) EWJ is better than the SNES (stronger) version... but there's a 3rd version. The Sega CD version. The Sega CD version I brought up. Which happens to be the best version. That means that the best version of EWJ is on a "powered" system, and that game should no longer be discussed here. Which is why I brought it up, to stop the argument, so we can move on to another game. Please.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. Originally posted by Mzo

OK... let's go!

The point of this thread is to point out games which, somehow, despite all the odds, are better on an *underpowered*, on a lesser system than the versions released on beefier systems.

Right?

Well, here we are, talking about how the Genesis (weaker) EWJ is better than the SNES (stronger) version... but there's a 3rd version. The Sega CD version. The Sega CD version I brought up. Which happens to be the best version. That means that the best version of EWJ is on a "powered" system, and that game should no longer be discussed here. Which is why I brought it up, to stop the argument, so we can move on to another game. Please.

Now I see where your coming from. Forgive me! I've had a few brews.

Hey, no problem!
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

The only reason why Final Fight for the SNES was more balanced was mainly because of the SNES' sprite limits. Still, the Arcade version is better for several reasons:
    Yeah, I agree with that - but I like the lower enemy numbers.

3) Round 4 and Rolento are missing.
    Which is a good thing. That entire level is just one big life-eater, and nothing more. The game simply isn't fun if you try and avoid all the fire, but you lose too many lives if you don't.

6. Originally posted by rezo
    in similar news, I just got the AV cables for my Super Nintendo.

"take that RF!"
    Screw composite. Get S-video cables.

"Take that composite!"

7. Originally posted by Saint of Killers

Screw composite. Get S-video cables.

"Take that composite!"

Screw S-video. Modify for RGB.

"Take that S-video!"

8. Originally posted by rezo

Screw S-video. Modify for RGB.

"Take that S-video!"
    Screw RGB! Get ... umm. Yeah.