Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Games that were/are better on underpowered platforms.

1. Games that were/are better on underpowered platforms.

I'll go first.

Aladin - much better on Genesis than on Super Nintendo. The people doing the SNES version really dropped the ball IMO.

Can anybody else think of any good ones?

2. I'll take NES Battletoads over the Genny version. The sound effects were just "meatier" and it felt like it controlled a little better.

3. Guerilla War - NES

4. I like Areo Fighters on the TG16 over the Genny Air Busters also.

5. I felt most games (esp. Disney ones) were better on Genesis over the SNES versions. If I weren't told which system was more powerful, I would never had guessed SNES was 'better'.

6. Here's an obvious one: Ninja Gaiden (NES).

7. Originally posted by Chibi Nappa
    I'll take NES Battletoads over the Genny version. The sound effects were just "meatier" and it felt like it controlled a little better.
    You can add SNES to Genesis. The NES one just seemed so much better then all the rest...

Although I've played neither *ducks thrown rocks* a lot of people seem to prefer Pilotwings on SNES over N64.

8. For me, there was just something about the Genesis version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms 3 that was far better than the SNES version. Just felt like a better game for some reason.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. i thought shadowrun on the genesis was a lot better than the one on the super nes. granted, they played differently, but the graphics and sound effects were a lot better on the genesis.

and even though i don't like sport games, i thought most of the sports games on the genesis were better than their super nes counterparts.

Andy787 Guest
    SSX Tricky for Gamecube and Xbox and Spyhunter for Gamecube and Xbox.