Thread: TNL 2.1.......... Problem...?

1. TNL 2.1.......... Problem...?

I'm not sure if it's suppose to look like this or not.... But I thought I'd bring it to your attention...

Here is a screenshot I took.... This is how it shows up for me. (I'm in 800x600).

2. Which version of IE is that? That does not happen in any browser I have installed (which is most).

Does it happen in all threads or just that one?

3. Repeatedly? Every now and then for me, vB's tables get wonky. A refresh usually takes care of it.

Try the following:
    • Upgrade to IE 6.
    • Adjust your cache. Go to Tools > Internet Options. On the General tab, find Temporary Internet Files and click Settings. Adjust Check for newer versions of stored pages to Every visit to the page, then click OK. Delete the temporary files, close out all IE windows and restart them.
    • Ditch IE.

4. That's odd... It's back to normal. (which is a good thing, I might add)

But now I'm all turned around. >_<

sggg: I'm using IE version 5. And it was doing it in more then one topic. So that's why I even posted this in the first place.

Lhadatt- I used to use opera. But I never downloaded the one with Java. And I ended up needing Java quite a bit more then I thought I would. So I just started using IE again. I suppose I could try Mozilla. But I don't feel like learning a browser at the moment (not that it's hard or anything).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture002.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	3621  

5. My IE is also 5 and I never had that problem. Very strange.... I am glad it went away though.

As for Opera, you can download it with Java pre-installed now (unlike the old days), so maybe you should give it a shot again.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ME
    Adjust your cache. Go to Tools > Internet Options. On the General tab, find Temporary Internet Files and click Settings. Adjust Check for newer versions of stored pages to Every visit to the page, then click OK. Delete the temporary files, close out all IE windows and restart them.
    Do this. Now.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Lhadatt
    Do this. Now.
    Done good sir.

sggg: Yes. They had one like that back then too. But since I'm on 56k. I didn't want to download the 13mb file. But I might go back and do it again.

Also, Is there a way to make opera check for newer versions of the page as well? I always used to have a problem with it loading a page from a week ago (Or the last time it decided it wanted to check on it's own).

8. Quote Originally Posted by Criticom
    Also, Is there a way to make opera check for newer versions of the page as well? I always used to have a problem with it loading a page from a week ago (Or the last time it decided it wanted to check on it's own).
    Yes indeed, it should be in Preferences -> History and Cache.

9. Ok, thanks.