Page 1 of 44 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Katamari Damacy

1. News Katamari Damacy

pwned by Ivan

2. yeah, i read up on this about a week ago or so, looks interesting. unfortunatley, since i don't have a way to play import PS2 games, i try not to get too interested in them.

3. That's crazy! It seems quite unlikely to make it to NA though, considering its so zany and from Namco, who won't even bring over Klonoa or Mr Driller anymore.

4. it bugs the shit out of me as much as the next guy, but you can't really blame them for not bringing Driller and Klonoa over here.

5. Neo-Geo

Fair enough. I am not saying that Namco is stupid for not putting them out. I just wish they did because I am a huge fan. I will agree that neither series will ever be good sellers in this market.

Occasions like this make me wish there were special region free games. I know they will probably never go with region free home consoles. But when you have a game like Klonoa which does have a niche following in other regions besides Japan, I just wish they could make it boot in all regions (since they have no plans to sell it in other regions, where is the harm). I am not sure if that is even technologically possible.... But I wish it was the case and if so they would add a little bit to their sales without adding cost. NiGHTS was an all-region game (on a system with lockouts), wasnt it?

Hrm. Sorry for the tangent.

6. im quite the huge Klonoa fan myself. Door to Phantomile has my favorite ending in a videogame. Klonoa is one of the main reasons that Namco is my second favorite developer.

on the bright side, atleast the GBA games are region free, and they're very good games too. although it's a shame we'll probably never be able to play a new Klonoa game developed by Klonoa Works without having a modded system.

now that Double Dragon on GBA is happening, a new console Klonoa game is #1 again on my most wanted list.

Klonoa Works, not only do you guys have amazing hardware to work with, but a system that has the perfect demographics for the series.
    throw some GBA connectivity in there, and try to get it funded by FundQ.
    or even then, just front the development money Namco, like i said, the demographics are perfect for the game, so the chances of getting the sales the series deserves are there. not to mention that you don't have to worry about putting all that publishing money up (which if i remember correctly, is were most of the money goes), since Nintendo publishes all your games on their systems now.

give a shot, you guys might be very satisfied with the results.

7. Bwhahaha!

That concept is great, even if...*sniff* I'll probably never play it.

8. Heh! That's insane.
    -Kyo

9. Cool!

10. Interest level rising...