Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poly Game Master or Xbox?

1. Poly Game Master or Xbox?

It's new system time. I can get a used PGM with a new Bee Storm for $375, or an Xbox for what you can get an Xbox for. I figure by the time I am up and playing an actual game, the Xbox will also be about $375. Desicions, desicions. I don't have a PS2 either.....

The sad thing is that I am heavily leaning toward the PGM.

2. I don't know, or care, what a PGM is, but I think you know what I'd recommend... esp. with Morrowind on the way...

3. But the PGM has Bee Storm and that Metal Slug clone on the way...

4. I don't know what BS is, but a MS clone does sound good... but still... Morrowind is what I care about the most for the next month...

5. I'm lost. What is a PGM?

Andy787 Guest
    Get the Xbox Chibi! NO MORE METAL SLUG 4 U! (clones or not)

7. What else are you going to play on a PGM? You're realizing DDP2 isn't even Cave's work, right? General feedback toward it has been fairly lack-lustre - I'd like to pick it up myself, but only when prices better match the content.

The name of the MS clone is Demon Front, by the way. I believe SevenForce has played it, and I know he's played DDP2 - Perhaps he can let you in on a little more information.

Edit: The PGM is IGS' motherboard/cart system.

8. Those Deamon Front screens look mighty purdy 'tho. Yes, the Xbox would be a billion times more practical, and I would have my Sega back.... Can't decide.

List of PGM games I want to play:

Bee Storm
    Deamon Front

List of Xbox games I want to play:

JSRF
    PGR
    HotD3
    DoA3

9. Well, do what you like, but so far as arcade gear goes you could do a lot better and have access to a lot more games for that price. I'm not arguing so much for the Xbox here as I am against the PGM.

That's my 2 credits, anyway.

dummy Guest
    Everything I've read about DDP2 has made it out to be worse than DDP.

If I were in your position I'd just pick up some nice PCBs instead of spending a whole lot of money on a MB that quite possibly won't play very many games in the long run. Maybe get a Progia, Great Magic War, or ESPRaDe. Or you could get a whole schwack of older boards.