Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Poly Game Master or Xbox?

Capcommie Guest
    Too rich for my blood. I don't plan to shell that much out for a game until SNK vs Capcom ships on MVS early next year.

2. Cost ended up being a major factor and I went with the Xbox. My MVS (2 MVS's actually ) have been keeping me 2D happy lately, and seeing as the only other "active" console I have is the Cube, I was feeling left out of the whole new release game. I got Rally Sport Challange and JSRF. I don't quite know what to make of JSRF yet, but my jaw is officially on the floor with Rally Sport Challange. I do like a good Rally Racer, and this is the only one in town that'll let me race with Phish and Cibo Matto in the background. Turns out the audio compression does in fact sound like ass. Oh well, it's not as bad as MP3, so it could be worse. It's burried under the engine noise anyway, and it's still a great feature to have.

Off to NSCX for a nice controller with a sane button layout...

3. Mode7, that Demon Front video was awesome. The game is almost a carbon copy of Metal Slug. Everything from gun recoil, 4 way shooting, to soldiers' AI and explosions smells of Slug. It actually looks better than MS, and the IGS system has transparency effects and a higher color palette which the Neo desperately needs to compete with today's 2D standards. Does anyone know where the game was developed and by whom?

seen

4. Originally posted by Chibi Nappa
    Off to NSCX for a nice controller with a sane button layout...
    The US Controller S is now in stores. No need to import.

5. ... that's all I want to say... Enjoy....

6. Originally posted by Chibi Nappa
    I got Rally Sport Challange and JSRF. I don't quite know what to make of JSRF yet, but my jaw is officially on the floor with Rally Sport Challange.
    Just give JSRF a little time to click. The game kicks ass, but is significantly different than Jet Grind Radio.

Enjoy your new Xbox !!
    - Kabuki

7. The new controller is out over here? Funcoland where I got my Xbox didn't have them. The default controller is so close to being great. I acually love the size and weight. It is clearly well made. I've in love with the sholder buttons. The analog sticks are great. The D-pad is suspect, but we may never even see an Xbox game that needs it so no biggie. The main problem is that the buttons on the right were laid out by blind chimps. It is honestly the worst button lay out I have ever seen and it's a shame because the rest of the controller is fantastic. No biggie for Rally Sport and JSR, but I could see it being a problem.

Hey Mode, where can I see that video?

8. Check your PMs.

9. Wow! That animation is insane! I guess that clinches the PGM purchase as well. Now the waiting game for the release and the price drop to something I can afford. That should only be a couple of years....

Seriously though, this game is as good as mine.