Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rock man zero

1. rock man zero

i got to play this game today and i thought i'd give some impressions. first of all, the artwork and cinemas in this game are friggin' amazing. the character designs are some of the best i've seen in any rock man game. everything's very sleek and stylish. the character profiles aren't all that detailed but the use of color and the designs are very pleasing to the eye. the game pretty much plays like the x series. zero can use a gun and a sword. the one thing i thought was odd was the control. you have to hold the R button to use the sword and when it's not held down zero uses the gun as a default attack. i think you can switch which weapon you want as a defalt, but i didn't have enought time to mess around with the controls. holding the R button to use the sword will take some getting used to. it just feels a bit uncomfortable to reach up the and press the attack button. the L button is used for dashing, but you can also dash by pressing forward, or whatever direction you are facing, twice. again, reaching up to the L button to dash is a bit weird, so i just use the directional pad for dashin', just like back in the X days. the music is pretty good as well. i heard at least 2 tracks from the original mega man x used in some of the opening scenes. the backgrounds are also very detailed. oh, one other thing i noticed was that if you just up to a platform above you you can press down and the jump button to drop below it like in gunstar heroes. zero can't duck, but he still controls and responds very well. after the first stage you're placed in this secret headquarters and you have to go around and talk to a couple of characters. they wee askin' me questions in a language i didn't understand, and i think i had to answer a few yes or no questions to leave so after all that i stopped playin'. from what i've played though, i'm really waitin' for this to come out this summer. anyone play this game yet?

2. I played it today too. It looks great, but I got bored quick... probably just the mood I'm in.

3. Another GBA game to leech my money, I love this system . I really haven't been a fan of the past few Rockman X games, but this one looks intriguing. It seems even darker the Rockman X games were over the original series. And how's that for a head villian, screw Wiley and Sigma, you're fighting Rockman X! Can't wait... *-neo

4. This game is out already in the US or just import?

deathwishkersey Guest
    Originally posted by Will
    This game is out already in the US or just import?
    It's an import, but i'm sure it's coming to the US.

Is X playable at all in the game or is Zero the only charachter?

6. from what i can tell, you only play as zero. rock man is aparently missing, or some kind of mystery. in the instruction booklet there's a silhouette of a character that resembles rock man listed as "? X".
    actually, the story doesn't seem that much darker than the x series. if anything it's the same or just a tad bit brighter......'cept for the part at the begining where the reploids (i'm not sure if they still go by that name in the story) get shot at by the enemy and bleed all over.

7. Whee, another GBA game to eat my money! (which I'm not complaining) This will be a fun game to play, I haven't played a new Mega Man game in a while (since...gasp...Mega Man 6!) so I'm looking forward to this. Thanks for the impressions. Anyone know the US date?

8. last i heard it was slated for a late summer or fall release. not 100% sure though.

9. :3 Thanks for the impressions, rama.
    Last traditional MM game I played was Rockman X3 on the Saturn... I loved it as much as I hated it. Frustrating, but I did get to the last boss, who promptly beat me like the sad button masher that I am.
    Ah, but I've loved the recent MM spin-offs. Barring that this summer produces more games than I can afford, this one'll be on the purchase list.

10. This game is fun as hell! I can't wait for the English version so I can figure out what the hell is going on and what I'm supposed to be selecting. But I generally don't mind action imports as they're usually not language heavy. Usually.

So you guys know, if you go to the selection screen (press start), you can switch it so that if press fire you'll swing the sword, and you'll hold down R trigger+fire to shoot the gun. Still trying to figure out what this lightning powerup does and how I use it...

The graphics in this game are incredible!

[edit] Found it, there's a place to change your button assignments (press start, then R trigger), move down to the bottom and you'll see the command R+B for type A, select Type B and just plain R trigger will now be fire button. No more holding a button and pressing another, so nice (especially since the last stage I played really required good use of both weapons, having to hold three buttons for firing and jumping was getting kinda awkward).