Thread: Neko no Ongaeshi (The Cat Returns)

1. Uh-oh Neko no Ongaeshi (The Cat Returns)

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1128,mbwlxz,cat_returns__th.html
    The main character of the story is Haru. Haru is a clueless, ordinary 17 year-old girl. She has no special abilities and neither is she an extraordinary beauty. When faced with reality, she is unable to make decisions for herself, thus often swaying to others' opinions to avoid challenge. One day, Haru saved the life of a cat without consideration of her own safety. The cat turned out to be the Cat Prince from the Kingdom of Cats, however as a result, Haru is trapped in the world of cats. Can Baron and Muta rescue Haru who has wandered in the world of cats?
    While browsing around AnimeNfo looking for some new fansubs to download, I stumbled across this short movie (OAV) by Miazaki's Studio Ghibli. I hadn't heard of it before, and I've enjoyed his other stuff, so after a quick search on Google, I was happily downloading away.

I really enjoyed the show. It had the lighthearted feel of a children's story, but with some humor that was definitely intended for adults to enjoy. It was a quick watch (a little over an hour) and well worth the download. Haru was a likable (albeit, clueless) main character, but Baron and Muta are really the stars, as they work to try and get her free.

I think this would be another fun show to introduce somebody into anime with. I'm surprised it hasn't been snatched up by Disney. Has anybody else seen it? A quick search in the forums didn't yield results.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Masaka
    I'm surprised it hasn't been snatched up by Disney. Has anybody else seen it?
    I believe it came out on Japanese DVD very recently. I suspect that Disney already has the rights to it, but like the rest of the titles in their Ghibli stockpile, it will just take a while to come out here.

...well worth the download...
    What does that mean?
    I can understand "well worth the money" or "well worth the time," but downloads are free and not something you have to actively take part in. "It's like click click click and you're there man, it's real easy man."

3. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    I believe it came out on Japanese DVD very recently. I suspect that Disney already has the rights to it, but like the rest of the titles in their Ghibli stockpile, it will just take a while to come out here.
    Probably. It was still listed as a fansub release, but really, that just means nobody's annonuced the fact that they've bought it up.

Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    I can understand "well worth the money" or "well worth the time," but downloads are free and not something you have to actively take part in. "It's like click click click and you're there man, it's real easy man."

Would it have been better if I'd said well worth the time to download and watch it? I just figured one implied the other, unless people have started downloading stuff for the heck of seeing bits transferred.

4. I recently downloaded this also, but have not watched it yet. The only ghibli film i didn't like was the tanuki one so I will probly like it even if it is childish...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Masaka
    I just figured one implied the other, unless people have started downloading stuff for the heck of seeing bits transferred.
    I'm sure there is at least one guy on the internet like that