Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: $99 In September?

1. might get a ps2 if i can find a used one for 99, not a penny more though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

2. If they bundle it with the new Tales game for a hundred I might buy it. It's the only GC game I want. I don't see this boosting sales much unless they get some more killer exclusive titles, especially ones without a pastel color scheme.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    Using the C-Stick is'nt what I'd call convenient, or conventional.
    Nintendo isn't the only one guilty of this. you really seem to get a kick out not blaming MS for anything.
    in either case, it's a matter of moving my thumb less than an inch for both controllers. you seem to be the only one to have a problem with this, unless anyone else cares to speak up.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    Sure Nintendo did'nt want to look like they were copying what Sony did
    what, you mean redo a design that they did 2 generations back? give credit were credits due man.

you should know as well as anyone else here, Nintendo does everything their way. that's why the controller is the way it is. it wasn't until they got exclusive Resident Evil that they realized that they had to go about things differently.
    that's not to say that they're not going to continue doing stuff their own way, it just means that they're going to attempt to go after all the casual gamers out there their own way.
    Quote Originally Posted by frostwolf ex
    might get a ps2 if i can find a used one for 99, not a penny more though.
    that's a shame, even at $200, you're missing out quite a bit.

4. lucas, i dont know, i dont play games as much as i used to, and the box and cube have more than done it for me, ps2 i can think of 5 games i care about for it, so we will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

5. 5 games that you want isn't enough reason for you to get a console? in the case of the xbox, all it took was 2. then i gave Gunvalkyrie a shot and ended up liking it, and picked up Shenmue 2 just cause i didn't like owning only 3 games on the system.

crap, there's only 2 games on my Virtual Boy that i like. although that shmup isn't that bad. i should bother playing that more now that i think about it, i might end up liking it now.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Barton
    Nintendo isn't the only one guilty of this. you really seem to get a kick out not blaming MS for anything.
    in either case, it's a matter of moving my thumb less than an inch for both controllers. you seem to be the only one to have a problem with this, unless anyone else cares to speak up.what, you mean redo a design that they did 2 generations back? give credit were credits due man.

I more than realised that the PSX controller borrowed heavily from the SNES controller. Why Nintendo did'nt stick with that design and do analog like Sony did, when they designed the N64 and GC controllers, is beyond me?

I can't really comment on the Xbox controller, as I've only used it playing demo's in stores. They at least put 6 buttons on the face of their controller, even though they are a bit too small for a guy like me who has large hands.

I picked up a PS2 for sports titles and a Gamecube for Nintendo exclusives. If you don't like Nintendo's games, what else is the selling point of the system?

7. If your not into Nintendos own games there is NO reason to buy a Cube really.
    PS2 and Xbox both have better exclusives. Thats just my opinion though.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

8. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    Why Nintendo did'nt stick with that design and do analog like Sony did, when they designed the N64 and GC controllers, is beyond me?
    when has Nintendo ever re-used a controller design? well, aside from the GameBoy. obviously their thing has always been to try to transcend the design, not pick one and stick to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    If you don't like Nintendo's games, what else is the selling point of the system?
    there's some good third party stuff out there, not much, but it is there. the real good third party stuff is on the way though if you ask me. but yeah, if you're not getting it for the first party stuff, it's sorta not worth it.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Barton
    when has Nintendo ever re-used a controller design? well, aside from the GameBoy.

Actually, the GC controller has the same shape as the Virtual Boy's controller. Then there is the addage, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, which is exactly what Sony did with the PS2's controller.

10. yeah um...get your hands on the Virtual Boy controller again. the shape looks similar, but they feel nothing at all a like.

i don't even want to get in how wrong you are there, since you seem to be really bad when it comes to argueing about controllers.