Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: $99 In September?

1. I hate the PS2 controller (we are out there).

2. Megaman

Hrm.... well, I am not even considering a Cube right now. $99 would allow me to consider it at least. I would like to play Billy Hatcher, Mr Driller, F-Zero, Wave Race, Beach Spikers, and maybe Knight N Knight (if it exists). Only Billy Hatcher would be on my A-List, so I'm probably better of spending that $99 on games for other systems. I think I am two price drops away from being a Cube owner.

I do think that this price drop is a decent move and it might get some fence sitters to finally pick up the system. It seems like many people would like the system for only a few games and its easier to justify that if the system itself is under $100.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Barton
    yeah um...get your hands on the Virtual Boy controller again. the shape looks similar, but they feel nothing at all a like.

i don't even want to get in how wrong you are there, since you seem to be really bad when it comes to argueing about controllers.

Nintendo shortened the handles and changed the angle slightly. Where the box is on the VB controller, they put the analog and digital pads. They moved the shoulder buttons up on the GC controller and removed the second digital pad, which was replaced with additional 2 face buttons. They feel slightly different, but not totally.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Barton
    5 games that you want isn't enough reason for you to get a console? in the case of the xbox, all it took was 2. then i gave Gunvalkyrie a shot and ended up liking it, and picked up Shenmue 2 just cause i didn't like owning only 3 games on the system.

crap, there's only 2 games on my Virtual Boy that i like. although that shmup isn't that bad. i should bother playing that more now that i think about it, i might end up liking it now.
    i am not wealthy, and i still play my saturn, dreamcast, 64 and snes, id rather replay ogre battle 64 and shining force 3, then spend 150 for a whole new system, unless there really is something worth getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Barton
    yeah um...get your hands on the Virtual Boy controller again. the shape looks similar, but they feel nothing at all a like.

i don't even want to get in how wrong you are there, since you seem to be really bad when it comes to argueing about controllers.

Yet it's common knowledge of the simularities between the 2 controllers. I've played my VB planty and can see some of the simularities. They shortened the handles on the GC controller and slightly changed the angle of the grips. Where the square box on the bottom of the VB controller is, they placed the C-Stick and digital pad. Raised the shoulder buttons up and replaced the second D-pad with the additional 2 face buttons.

6. Quote Originally Posted by gamevet
    Another factor I'd like to add, is that the GC had a piss poor memory card at launch. 59 memory blocks was not enough for a game like Madden. Even the larger memory card is barely enough for a game like Madden. Sony did it right, when they released their console with a substantial 8 Meg memory card.

no thats lazy programming on EA's part

theres no fucking reason a god damn game save should take 4 - 8 megs of space

thats just lazy programming
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Gamevet: cut it out already, you suck at this.

8. To get my word in...

I really dig the GC controller, little D-pad and all. I've played an assload of Ikaruga with that thing and I far prefer playing with the GC controller than the DC one. I also don't mind the analog shoulder buttons, it makes a nice satisfying "clunk" when you slam that thing down and it feels oh so good. I have never had a problem with not pushing it down far enough, but as I said...I really throttle that R button.

As for the PS controller, It's alright. But I would rather of had them just rip off the SNES controller directly. I think it has too many buttons as well. Four shoulders? I have a hell of a time remembering what is R1 and what is R2. Maybe it's my adversion to how complicated game control setups are getting lately.

On topic, the 99$ news (rumor...) is golden. I can finally have a Cube to call my own. Rock on.
    I knew he was a commie, cause he didn't drink [duff] beer.

9. Lucas, how does he "suck" at this? He gave you perfectly legitimate reasons to back up his original claims, and all you did was insult him.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. also if you need something to use for fighters besides the different Arcade sticks out for it and the PS2 - GC adapter which not only gives you the PS2 controller but also all the PS2 arcade sticks

there is also the Hori SNES pad for the GC which works quite well i have one its nice
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.