Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 245678 LastLast

Thread: $99 In September?

1. Quote Originally Posted by frostwolf ex
    lucas, i dont know, i dont paly games as much as i used to, and the box and cube have more than done it for me, ps2 i can think of 5 games i care about for it, so we will see.
    heck i bought the ps2 for one game (DMC) then a whole bunch came along anyways here are few nice u can find on ps2
    devil may cry
    gta vice city
    kingdom hearts
    gt3 a-spec
    wwe smackdown SYM
    Pro evo2 (winning eleven6)
    ratchet and clank
    and games coming on ps2 in fewmonths/one year are really good like
    mgs3 snake eater
    jak2
    killzone( check out the "New killzone shots"thread for some pics)
    and sequels to all the above titles except DMC

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Lucas, how does he "suck" at this?
    for the same reasons you suck at this Jeremy.

anyways, im done talking with you suckers (that sure was a lame pun). next time i post in here it'll be about the topic, not about how you guys suck.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Barton
    although it won't really matter when it or if it finally happens, but im pretty sure we can expect another Substance style game for MGS3 to hit all 3 platforms eventually. as of now, it's not like Konami has any problems with having the series on any of the platforms.
    There's really no guarantee of that actually. With MGS2 Substance, Konami had a deal with Microsoft since they promised them a MGSX when they became a third-party for MS. Since they obviously couldn't get a new game out of the blue, they did Substance instead and gave MS a six-month exclusivity for the title. They didn't even bother releasing the Xbox version in Japan (then again, the poor sales of Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams in Japan might had been a factor too, since they ported that to the PS2). Since they don't have a contract with Microsoft, there's no reason they have to port MGS3 to another console, but that doesn't mean they can't. They'll probably release MGS3: Integral/Substance/Whatever itll be called just to get the English versions released in Japan (they always get that and Premium Packages of the original releases).

4. well, if that's the case, maybe there's a chance of it not happening for xbox. i'd expect a GameCube port down the line though.

5. I would have to consider getting a GameCube if the price dropped to $99. It would be a must-have at that price if it also included a free game.

Zelda, Metroid Prime, the upcoming Mario Kart game, the Resident Evils.

It also would not hurt if they dropped the price on the SP a bit, I'm looking to get a black SP when that color is released in september, being able to pick it up for $10-$15 less would be great.

6. I heard Nintendo will drop a few bombshells this Thursday.

let's hope for some other good stuff.

7. Xbox 360 I

I'm happy with my Gamecube, it's perfect for Sega, Capcom and Nintendo fans which is all I need to be happy. Looking forward to Biohazard 4, Billy Hatcher, PSO3, Unity, Killer 7, MGS, Wario World and VF Quest. More than enough to keep me happy through 2003-4. $99 is a fucking steal, i'm surprised more people are still on the fence; gaming has never been better and all 3 systems are exceptional.

I don't even like Nintendo developed games these days (the big 3 of Zelda, Mario Sunshine and Metroid left me cold but Made in Wario is GOTY) but I still find plenty to play on Gamecube. Connectivity is the stupidest gimmick ever (in its' current state), it's the relationships that they're forming that I find cool. Letting 3rd parties work on their franchises is really positive.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Barton
    Gamevet: cut it out already, you suck at this.

Just to egg you on:

9. Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Barton
    when has Nintendo ever re-used a controller design? well, aside from the GameBoy. obviously their thing has always been to try to transcend the design, not pick one and stick to it.
    Which, you know, would tell me that they keep trying to find a good design for a controller, and keep failing.

I don't like Nintendo's controllers, because they seem far more concerned with designing a "breakout" controller that nobody else has done instead of just making one that is both functional and comfortable.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. Lucas, there's no reason to insult others here, I recall reading somewhere that it's discouraged... Anyways, I don't mind Nintendo's philosophy of innovation before comfort as it helps prevent stagnation in controllers.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan