Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some girl [redesigned] [again].

1. Some girl [redesigned] [again].

I just decided to pick up a pencil for the first time in... well, a while. I started to try to draw Asuka [Evangelion], but I kinda didn't get there... A few additional redraws ended with this very simple illustration.

The complete lack of shading, the somewhat uneven facial outline, and the awkward hair lines are bothering me so far. And the fact that I can't draw clothes / limbs / boobses.

Er, well... Here it is.

[Please forgive the pukish brown hue - this is due to a lack of a scanner.]

EDIT: Removed original design.

2. Hair is fine. But the head is off center where it connects with the neck. She has no cheeks as well, the face lines should indent to either side of the eyes. Looks good otherwise.

To draw a body, start with a single body line which starts at the center of the neck and extends down in the general curve of the way you want the body. Find some example images and try to imitate thier body details until you get it down. It's mostly a matter of practice.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. Good tips, thanks.

I'll be darned... there are no cheeks.

4. What he said.

And lay of the color BG.

I see potential.
    Damnit!!GEO!!!!!

5. Quote Originally Posted by dAMON
    And lay of the color BG.
    That brown nonsense is the result of having to use a digital camera [and a delayed exposure] to get a clean picture. Yea, it sucks... sorry.

6. Here's a slight redesign.

Forgive the horrible snapshot... maybe I can get a better one if it really matters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sg2.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	3724  

7. Precisely the sort of character I would not want to meet in a dark, secluded alley.

8. Here is a roughed [nearly] full body sketch with some more facial alterations...

[Please click image for full size.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sg3.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	3733  

9. Pretty good...this comment is more on just the design though.

That second to top button is placed wrong, it would go right on her cleavage, which, if you could do it, would look really cool, like the shirt did not fit her and was about to birst and open a little bit.

Anyway...she has big tits.
    your mom

10. Heh heh, yea. I kinda placed the buttons like that to specifically avoid having to draw that one button... The perspective is a bit tough, I guess.

Maybe on the next redraw...