Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: cell phones

1. All the pay-phones in my area have been raised to $.50. I never really wanted to get one, but that's just insane!

I bought a cell phone 2 days ago. It's a Nextel Motorola i55sr.

It's big. It's yellow/black. You can drop it off a cliff, and it'll still work...
    Boo, Hiss.

I've had a Sprint PCS phone for over a year, and I love it. It is by far the clearest phone I've ever heard, cell or otherwise. But before you sign that one year contract (I HATE those) MAKE SURE you look at the coverage map.

Anytime you are in digital, you are local. Whether you are in LA, Chicago, New York, or here in Burlington, NC it is local. Most plans also let you call long distance for free.

But... (there's always one) If you can see yourself doing any roaming at all for any real length of time don't go for it. Roaming is extremely expensive since Sprint doesn't have an analog network, so they basically have to rent from other companies.

Also, I share the sentiments of the ones above that said don't buy from a authorized dealer. I work at an OfficeMax where we sell both Sprint and AT&T phones, and as much as I want to, we can't do a damn thing for customers if they have any problems. We don't do billing, we don't activate phones, we can't update phone software (yes, you can flash upgrade phones now) and it gets really frustrating to both my customers and myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

3. Thanks for the info GohanX. I did a little research and suddenly, Sprint isn't as big as I thought it was. Fortunate for me, I don't travel much. The only places I've been to besides Florida is New Jersey/New York City and my upcoming trip to L.A.

4. nokia 5185i
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"

5. I work at RadioShack and if you're gona get a phone get it sooner then later, Verizon has the best deals right now not to mention free phones. If you want anymore info let me know.
    What isn't remembered, Never happened