Thread: Here Boy!

1. Here Boy!

Well, here is the drawing that I made with Mode7's Wasp photo. It's really fucking long. The actual image is 4.75" wide x 20" long. I had to scan it in two pieces. The crecent board was left over from a crop job, hence the odd dimensions.

JM

2. In a word: wicked. You should see the goofy-ass smile I've got on.

3. Cool! Glad you like it. I drew the (my) hand from life about two weeks ago, & had absolutely no idea what to do with the rest of the board. When I saw your wasp, it just kinda clicked in my head. It kinda makes you wonder if the wasp is closer to you, or is it just really huge? Personaly, I vote for the latter

JM

4. Hah -- ditto! I was wondering especially how you were going to deal with the wings. It's cool how they come across as translucent and of different texture even with similar linework to the wood behind it.

5. Another nice one JM! I really like the linework in your pencil drawings. The only thing I'd say is that the tone gets a bit spotty on the hand.

The long vertical format works very well for this image too.

6. Thanks Cigs. I will take that into consideration. I may darken some areas & lighten others, so it isn't such a flat grey. It doesn't look too bad in person, because the linework catches your eye, so you automatically look at the details of the palm.

JM

7. with Mode7's Wasp photo
    can someone post it?

edit: nevermind, I checked the photography thread.Not really an easy photo to work with -_o

8. I really admire your crosshatching. I stay away from it, because when I try, I always want it to look like what you do, and it never comes out that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

9. Hero, get the book "The Pencil" by Paul Calle. This book helped me more than any other semi-instructional book has. Lots of good information & techniques. His style is so amazing, you will pick up stuff just from looking at the illustrations.

JM

10. Wow, thats really cool JM. Your pencil drawings are indeed wonderfull. I really liked those drawings you did of those German Soldiers or what ever that you posted a few months ago.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!