Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jacob's Ladder

1. I'm surprised myself, to a certain extent. I think they'd be more effective as films (or CGI anime) rather than games, for me anyways. The atmosphere is great, the story is very interesting, the visuals and audio are high quality....but the series' gameplay brings it all down for me. Style over substance, perhaps? I dunno.....in fact I've been meaning to play through the first two again, to see if something clicks, because SH3 looks amazing.

Oh yeah, check out the commentary for sure, Despair.

2. After hearing so much praise about this movie, I went out and rented it a few months back, and I found it to be extremely dissapointing.

For one, I didn't find anything in this movie to be scary or disturbing, and the way they chose to wrap up the ending made the whole thing feel cheap and pointless, like a shitty episode of the Outer Limits or something.

3. Not scary I can understand, as fear is subjective.

But I found it was far from pointless. The first time I watched it, I kept wondering what was real and what wasn't, and when it's revealed, it blew my mind. I've also not seen another film that portrays a paranoid schizophrenic mental state so effectively. I also thought the points made about death, the subconscious, and fate were pretty profound.

4. This movie goes on my top 10 list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

5. I hated this movie. Way too weird for its own good. Must have been all those drugs the guy took. What was it lsd? And everytime he went and got his back cracked, the lsd in his vertebrae would make him halucinate. stupid, stupid, stupid!