Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here live in Chicago?

1. Anyone here live in Chicago?

If so, might one of you be willing to help shidoshi and two of his friends out?

Here is the situation: we just FINALLY got confirmation from the school in Japan for our trips (me for the year, them for a month). However, of course, tickets for when we need them most - going out of Omaha, NE on Friday May 31st and arriving in Japan on June 1st, are sold out. Our next attempt is going to be to try to get tickets leaving as late on Thursday as possible, have a layover in Chicago probably, and then take of Friday from Chicago for the rest of the trip.

Our layover in Chicago is going to be the questionable part. It could be from like 6-7 hours, or it could be just a couple of hours. If the layover ends up being long enough that we would need to get a hotel room, is there anyone living near enough to the airport that would be willing to let us crash there? Or, if it just a shorter airport, maybe someone who lives in the area would like to meet and just hang for a bit to help us kill some time. Go get some drinks or something. ^_^

I won't know until tomorrow if we're even going to have a layover in Chicago, but I thought I'd ask and see if there were any kind souls out there in case we could use a bit of help.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. *puts detour sign in the road pointing to NY*

Woo hoo! Shidoshi Comes to the Big Apple!! (no?)

3. I live in Lombard Shidoshi...

Unfortunately, I already live a crowded apartment...4 guys 2 bedroom.
    And no none of us are gay!

But I wouldn't mind getting some drinks with you and your friends if you need to kill some time...

Midwest and Ohare are roughly about a 30-45 min trip from where I live.

Well keep me posted.
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

4. Well, we found out that there was NOTHING going out of Chicago on Friday that we could get onto, so we're just going one day ahead of time. So, now, we'll only be in Chicago from 7:22am until 8:10am on Thursday. Oh well. Thanks for the offer, though.

And as far as Bahn is concerned, heading to New York would be sort of going the OPPOSITE way we're trying to go. ^_^
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. No prob...

Well maybe we will cross paths some other time.
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

6. Sure! I'd feel real safe with this guy in my home:

Stay the weekend, Stinger!

7. Good one Nick

Well, I wouldnt mine meeting Shidoshi, but I'm not Chicago resident , but I do live close neatby, in Milwaukee, just 90 miles North

8. Hey, Despair. What happened to Milwaukee? It looks like it got a buzz-cut. I went up there, and the tallest building I saw was shorter than some of our park sculptures! Milwaukeeans scared of heights?

9. Last time I was there...

Miller Park dwarfed the whole city.

Well besides Nick and I who else lives in Chi-town?
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

10. Seik lives somewhere near, around there too.