Thread: eep

1. eep

yes, I finally got hold of the scanner.

It's 2am here, so no fancy stuff.

Just some sketches I've been doing in my books for awhile. Even have some really good stuff that's being used for my instructor's art review. Scan those when they get back in my wee hands. Anywho.

1-hit
    2-hit
    3-hit
    4-hit combo!

Apologies in advance for 2 and 3; they're really a lot smaller than they should be. Then again, I'm running out of server space (campus allows 7MB and I'm already at 6.3) so until I can get rid of some clutter, I need to keep things small and simple ^_^

Plus the crosshatching is there for a reason - my teacher wanted us to try the technique. I think I could work on it, but I like how different it can make things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. Nice work, Hero. You're drawings are looking better and better.
    Calm down with the cross-hatching. It looks like you went in there with a graphite gun during an earthquake.

3. Hey Hero, nice to see work from you again!
    1st - Cute face. Like the hair.
    2nd - Like the face here too. The eyes are great, and I like the linework as well on the whole piece.
    3rd - Heh, you captured Sol Badguy's personality pretty well. Nice again.
    4th - I dig this one, good poses and strong facial expressions.

Overall a buddy! Keep up the great work, I await seeing more of it!

4. Thanks!

The reason for all the cross-hatching is due to the fact that our instructor wanted us to use that technique in our sketches for the past week or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Very nice drawings. I'm impressed.
    Taking it one day at a time.

6. I caught that your teacher wanted you to use it, Hero. It's just that you should slow down a little when you do. One line at a time...
    There's a guy at my school who cross-hatches every single thing, and not just for shadowing. He's insane about it. Single comic panels take him up to six hours to ink. Really, that's normal, but these are tiny panels, and when you have four to six per page.

7. I like them Hero, post some more when you get your stuff back from your teacher.
    I agree with Finch. Cross hatching is more technical and precise with straighter, uniform lines and such, rather than the hurried, and dare I say sloppy, maybe spontaneous is a better word, look you have, most notably on the Ryu/Kyo picture. They still look good, keep it up!