Page 1 of 24 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines Official

Terminator 3 - Rise of the Machines Official

Ah The Terminator one of my all time favorite series. I was too young to see the first when in hit theatres back in the 80's but rented it when I got a little older. I thought the story and Sci-Fi atmoshphere was wonderfull. Terminator made me a fan of Arnold.

When T2 came out, I was blown away, the movie is a masterpiece and a all time classic, one of the greatest Sci- Fi, Action films I had ever seen. It has no rival and is my favorite James Cameron film, with True Lies coming in second.

Rumors of a third had been circulating for many years, even with rumors of Basketball star Shaq having a signifigant role, I'm glad to see that bit of gossip put to rest. Now T3 is finallly a Reality.

I have hig hopes for Rise of the Machines, but it's gonna take a miricale to top T2. A few things working against it off the bat mainly being the abscence of James Cameron, and Edward Furlong but judging from the previews it still has the Terminator vibe. I still have high hopes for this one and this 4th of July is gonna be great, much better than that god awful MIB 2 that came out last 4th of July. Still even without the old director at the helm it still looks to be fun time at the Movies.

www.terminator3.com

So which is everone's favorite? Wil it top T2?

2. im just hoping they dont go crazy on the cgi stuff just for the sake of using it. it was cool in 2 because it was necessary but now that they can do so much more with the computer imagery i hope they dont over use it. also i saw the chick playing the terminator in maxim(?). ohhh hoo. hotty

3. I am also very excited about T3, and hope that it will be at least as good as T2. While I agree that James Cameron is a great action director(or at least he USED to be one, till all the crap he's been doing in the last SEVEN years), I for one wont cry about him not doing T3, and I believe that Jonathan Mostow will do a good job directing.

While the first couple of trailers werent that exciting and left many people somewhat vary of the film, the final trailer shows that the movie have alot of promise. Some great looking action and chase scenes, some crazy sfx and sequences in the future.

I also think that even at its worst T3 still will be better than that awfull MIB2

4. Im also very very pumped for this movie, I went out and got the first 2 on dvd this past week.

However from the trailors ive watched the cgi work looks like it sticks out like a sore thumb.

5. whoa, cameron isnt doing this one? yeah i thought when the new terminators arm changed into whatever it was it looked kinda bad. i didnt know this and tomb raider were so close to coming out already.

6. Has the movie been rated yet?

It is rated R, which will ensure action scenes are not watered down.

8. The first trailer that came out looked really crappy to me, but I dunno, I thought the new trailer that played before Reloaded looked quite a bit better. I'm at least hopeful now.
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

9. I likewise was completely uninterested in this movie until I saw the second trailer. Now, I can't wait to see it even though Hamilton and Furlong aren't in it (I don't care so much that Cameron isn't directing this time; Johnathan Mostow is more than capable).

I do think that the premise of the Terminator films is getting pretty tired. Wouldn't it have been more logical to just send one Terminator back in time, over and over again, until the human race just vanished into nonexistence?

SCENE: Skynet's War Room. Skynet is surrounded by his robot lackeys.

SKYNET: Um, OK, so we sent back the T-800. Are the humans dead yet? (Looks outside) Damn! (Sighs) Okay, send back that liquid metal prototype thing.

LACKEY 1: Aye aye sir!

(He leaves. SKYNET and the robots stare at each other for thirty seconds or so. Suddenly a rebel jeep bursts through the window, laser guns blazing.)

SKYNET: Aw, fuck!

(An HK fighter zooms over and blows up the jeep.)

SKYNET: What else we got?

LACKEY 2: A robot chick in red leather.

(etc.)
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Yeah, I agree the premise of two robots duking it out is starting to get a little stale, what has me hopeful is that the trailer seems to indicate that there will also be the whole thing of trying to stop Judgment Day. It looks like the T-X may also play a role in the events too. I'm guessing that the film will end with Judgment Day occuring (or not occuring), which will be interesting.