Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GunCon Accuracy

1. Originally posted by kabuki

So is there any advantage in tracking down some GunCon 2's instead of buying some cheap GunCon 1's ?? Because I can get some Time Crisis or Point Blank + Guncon 1 packages for like $30.

- Kabuki

Guncon 2 has 1 or 2 more buttons, a d-pad, and it's virtually impossible to lose sight of....

2. Dumb question, but...

I just got a GunCon (1), and it has an RCA plug I wasn't expecting. What do I need to do with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

I always find it funny that until the 32bit days, the concept of a poorly calibrated and inaccurate lightgun didn't really exist.
    What about the Super Scope? Or the Menacer?
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Originally posted by Mzo

What about the Super Scope? Or the Menacer?

1.Thats 16-bit
    2.There worked flawlessy if I remember correctly....

1.Thats 16-bit
    Duh. You said:
    "I always find it funny that until the 32bit days, the concept of a poorly calibrated and inaccurate lightgun didn't really exist."
    Therefore, I pointed out two examples of pre-32bit lightguns, the Super Scope 6 and the Menacer, which had to be calibrated.

2.There worked flawlessy if I remember correctly....
    "There"? Well, regarding the "worked flawlessly", not quite. They both require a sensor to be set atop the television, and then they must be calibrated. They were a bit easier to calibrate, since they had eyepieces, but I wouldn't want to sit there and optically aim every shot in a gun game; I get the feel of where I need to point in order to hit.
    Point is, they did have problems. If you were right or left handed, and all of us are one, the other, or both, then you had a section of the screen (the leftmost and rightmost, respectively) where shots would register "off-screen". Real annoying, real calibration problems! In 16 bit. Before 32 bit systems were released. Which was my whole point.

The best light gun ever is the Zapper. That's some space age shit right there.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery