Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anime you have and want

1. Heh it'd take me way the hell too long to type out all the anime dvds I have. Maybe I'll take some pictures...

As far as series coming out soon that I'm buying: FLCL (have the region 2 discs, but there's supposed to be good extras), Berserk (have the R2 box, but want subtitles), His and Her Circumstances (aka Kareshi Kanojo no Nijou/Kare Kano), and I'm Gonna Be an Angel (aka Tenshi ni Narumon, a VERY cutesy-looking series that gets more serious as it goes on). Hmm...actually I have at least some R2 discs of all those series. Good thing (for my wallet) I pretty much quit buying them.

2. Yes, how many DVDs is the Escaflowne series ??

Oh, and I added...
    Ruin Explorers (both tapes, dubbed)
    Panzer Dragoon (subtitled)
    ... to my list.
    I can't believe I forgot about the classic Panzer Dragoon anime (note: sarcasm).

- Kabuki

3. Originally posted by kabuki

Yes, how many DVDs is the Escaflowne series ??

- Kabuki
    Back from researching. It's eight (8, VIII) DVDs. $160+ for the whole series. Too rich for my blood right now.
    Oh, and toss the $40 SE edition of the movie on top of all that ^_^

- Kabuki

4. Originally posted by kabuki

Back from researching. It's eight (8, VIII) DVDs. $160+ for the whole series. Too rich for my blood right now.
    Oh, and toss the $40 SE edition of the movie on top of all that ^_^

- Kabuki
    There's a box set coming out 7/23 that you should be able to pick up for around $130.

5. What I have:
    VHS:
    Appleseed
    Plastic Little
    Black Magic M-66
    Samurai Shodown
    Secret of Blue Water
    All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku Vol. 1-3
    Macross II Vol.1
    Macross Plus Vol. 1 and 2
    Detonator Orgun Vol. 1
    Night Warriors Vol. 1
    Burn Up!

DVD:
    Night Warriors Alpha and Omega
    Dominion Tank Police

Laserdisc:
    Oh My Goddess 1,2, and 3
    Detonator Orgun 1,2, and 3
    Area 88 1,2,3, and 4
    Moldiver 1,2,3,4,5, and 6

What I would like to get:
    Adventures of Mini Goddess DVD
    Vampire Hunter D and Bloodlust DVD
    Robot Carnival DVD
    Cat Girl Nuku Nuku DVD

6. Thanx guys, it's nice to be back.

V I haven't posted thoughts on Soultaker yet cause I haven't watched it yet. I got it with a few other animes titles, I will soon though.

As for Escaflowne it is indeed 8 DVD's and I think it's totally worth it. It's an interesting twist on sci-fi and fantasy which actually pulls it off great. You have your knights and warriors, huge mechs that mostly fight with handheld weapons, castles, airships, a huge cast with an intriguing story, good animation with some amazing music. I don't think you can go wrong with this series, I haven't gotten the rest yet because I've seen it all before, so I'm just working on it a bit at a time. I will eventually own it all though, I'm really looking forward to the movie. I've heard awesome things about it, and I saw a preview and I must say it looked sweet.

D