Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Munkey's & Bitches [updated 10.03]

1. Munkey's & Bitches [updated 10.03]

i was thinking of using the title of this thread as the title for my entry in next year's Tokyopop Rising Stars of Manga competition. i would have entered this year, but collaborating with someone is tougher than it seems. originally though, the first character was going to be another approach to one of the characters in this collaboration idea. the second sketch was just a random idea i made up in case i don't use the first character.

if i do decide to work on Munkey's & Bitches, i guess the two nurses will be my leads in an action/comedy comic or something. i don't know how the monkey's are going to fit in at the moment.

as always, opinions would be nice. thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	3791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan0001.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	3792  

2. Kinda hard to make out but it's decent from what I can make out... got anymore?
    ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA ATA

3. Any pages done?

4. nope. none at all. there's no story, no plot, the character designs aren't finalized, etc, etc. i'm not totally sure where i'm going to take this right now. :/

5. Darken up the lines a bit so you can make out what you're looking at, otherwise the look is amazing. I'm loving the design of both the characters and their costumes. The "munkey" is absolutly the cutest thing I've ever seen. Also if your looking for story ideas PM me or hit me up on AIM, I'll be glad to jam with you on something like this. I've been thinking of doing a small comic myself - I'd mostly write seeing as my drawing ability has suffered due a major lack in it's application - and I'd love to atleast see what ideas you may have for this.

6. you clicked on the thumbs and enlarged them in (i'm assuming) i.e.? the thumbs really don't show off the detail like i'd want it too, but enlarging them does so much more IMHO.

if i really do need a story idea, i'll hit you up. i've got something thought up at the moment (not detail specific yet) but still very early right now. so far though, i'm definitely leaning towards action/comedy, but also adding in maybe a dash of horror, and maybe some mystery. i'm working on my villain design, and so far i think i'm going to use a look similar to Arucard from Hellsing (no real luck yet). he's so badass.

and everyone loves the monkey. he really is a cute lil bugger ain't he?

7. I hope you're leaning further towards slapstick with the more serious elements being the backbone of the story (it works so well for Under the Glass Moon.)

The only bit of constructive criticism I have left is that the name is far too abrassive and I don't see it as a selling point.

8. not so much slapstick, but the generic buddy type jokes i guess. i'm already sort of working (as in: still in story development) on something that's gag/slapstick, so for this i might try to do something different.

the name though... i've been debating that with myself since i first started thinking about doing this project. the title actually comes from something else i did for someone, but i loved it so much that i thought i could use it for an actual comic, but totally gag/slapstick. Munkey's & Bitches works better for something straight comedy. i didn't really think it'd go over well myself, but i just like the sound of it. it's still early though, i've still got some kinks to work out on character designs.

and thanks for the feedback. more is always welcome and appreciated.

9. You should put up some more pics. I'd be curious to some more well-defined ones. Especially of the monkey!!!

10. Indeed the "Munkey" is uberadorable, just don't do something stupid like make him talk or that he's super intelligent.