Thread: "Underworld" soundtrack

1. "Underworld" soundtrack

from RockRage Online

Underworld soundtrack track listing

Wes Borland, Richard Patrick, Maynard James Keenan, and John Frusciante are among the artists contributing to the upcoming soundtrack for the film Underworld.

The film depicts an ongoing struggle between vampires and werewolves. The film stars Kate Beckinsale and Scott Speedman.

Underworld will hit theaters on September 19th. The Underworld soundtrack will be released on September 2nd, 2003 through Lakeshore Records.

Underworld Soundtrack full track listing:

01. Awakening - The Damning Well

featuring Wes Borland, Richard Patrick, Josh Freese,

and Danny Lohner.

02. REV 22:20 - Puscifer

featuring Maynard James Keenan, Danny Lohner

03. Throwing Punches - Page Hamilton

04. Rocket Collecting - Milla

05. Now I Know - Renholder

06. Bring Me The Disco King (Loner Mix) - David Bowie

featuring Maynard James Keenan & John Frusciante

07. Optimissed - Skinny Puppy

08. Down In the Lab - Renholder

09. Judith (Renholder Mix) - A Perfect Circle

10. Suicide Note - Johnette Napolitano

11. Baby's First Coffin - Dillinger Escape Plan

12. Hover (Quiet Mix) - Trust Company

13. Falling Through The Sky - Renholder

14. Weak and Powerless (Tilling My Grave Mix) - A Perfect Circle

15. Worms of the Earth - Finch

16. From A Shell - Lisa Germano

17. Death Dealer's Descent - Renholder

18. On The Lash - The Icarus Line

19. All Of This Past - Sarah Bettens
    track 6 sound the most interesting. My favorite Guitarist and my favorite vocalist together! weeeeeee!

2. Wow...that is pretty damn interesting.
    your mom

The new Dillinger song is amazing. This coming from someone who can't stand listening to Calculating Infinity, but their new singer is excellent and you can tell they've taken their musicianship to another level.

If anyone's interested in hearing it who hasn't feel free to hit me up on AIM.

4. this is due for release tomorrow (or the next day, damn time zones!). an article on it:

UNDERWORLD, the soundtrack to the feature film by Sony Pictures starring Kate Beckinsale due in theaters September 19, is a collection of exclusive and unreleased new tracks from some of the most influential and respected artists in the rock world today. Due out on Lakeshore Records September 2, the soundtrack album combines the intensity of Maynard James Keenan (Tool, A Perfect Circle)’s new project Puscifer, the remixable brilliance of David Bowie and the creative production of Nine Inch Nails’ Danny Lohner.

The collection kicks off with “Awakening,” the highly anticipated track from rocks’ newly created monster group The Damning Well featuring former Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland, marking his first significant musical piece since departing the group, A Perfect Circle’s Josh Freese, Filter's Richard Patrick and Danny Lohner.

Exclusive to Underworld is Maynard James Keenan’s first track ever written specifically for a film, ”REV 22:20,” recorded as Puscifer with Danny Lohner. Keenan appears again along with John Frusciante (Red Hot Chili Peppers) on a special remix of the David Bowie song “Bring Me The Disco King” (the original version of the song appears on his forthcoming album Reality). Also included is an exclusive Underworld mix of A Perfect Circle’s seminal track, “Judith” and a Danny Lohner and Wes Borland remix of their current single “Weak and Powerless.”

Godfathers of the heavy genre re-emerge on Underworld’s soundtrack with “Throwing Punches,” the first new song from Helmet’s Page Hamilton since leaving the legendary band, and Skinny Puppy’s “Optimissed,” a new song written specifically for the film and the first to be released by the critically acclaimed groundbreaking industrial pioneers in almost a decade.

New voices included in the collection come from the thinking man’s hardcore band Dillinger Escape Plan, showcasing their new vocalist Greg Puciato with “Baby’s First Coffin,” the heavy, wired alternative sound of Finch with the Underworld single, “Worms of the Earth,” the hauntingly beautiful “Rocket Collecting” by Milla and “All Of This Past” by Academy-Award nominee Sarah Bettens.

The Underworld soundtrack was compiled by Danny Lohner from Nine Inch Nails who also performs the score on the album as Renholder. Lohner produced 13 of the songs and remixes on the album giving this collection cohesion from start to finish as well as the intricately composed score pieces that meld with the songs for a unique soundtrack experience. Danny Lohner’s past credits include contributions to the Lost Highway and Natural Born Killers soundtracks.

Complete track listing is as follows:
    1. The Damning Well- “Awakening” - feat. Wes Borland, Richard Patrick, Josh Freese & Danny Lohner
    2. Puscifer- “REV 22:20” - feat. Maynard James Keenan & Danny Lohner
    3. Page Hamilton- “Throwing Punches “
    4. Milla- “Rocket Collecting”
    5. Renholder- “Now I Know”
    6. David Bowie- “Bring Me The Disco King” (Loner Mix)- feat. Maynard James Keenan & John Frusciante
    7. Skinny Puppy- “Optimissed”
    8. Renholder- “Down In The Lab”
    9. A Perfect Circle- “Judith” (Renholder Mix)
    10. Dillinger Escape Plan- “Baby’s First Coffin”
    11. Johnette Napolitano- “Suicide Note”
    12. Trust Company- “Hover” (Quiet Mix)
    13. Renholder- “Falling Through the Sky“
    14. A Perfect Circle- “Weak and Powerless” (Tilling My Grave Mix)
    15. Finch- “Worms of the Earth”
    16. Lisa Germano- “From A Shell”
    17. Renholder- “Death Dealer’s Descent”
    18. The Icarus Line- “On The Lash”
    19. Sarah Bettens- “All Of This Past”

Listen to Finch's “Worms of the Earth”
    http://www.lakeshore-records.com/finch.ram

Official Site:
    http://www.lakeshore-records.com/underworld
    http://www.ENTERTHEUNDERWORLD.com
    also, www.lakeshore-records.com have some of the tracks streaming, including Maynards Puscifer song.

5. I got to listen to this disc at a local store and it is awesome. Too bad I am broke! The remixes of the Perfect Circle songs are kick ass and the David Bowie/Maynard song is wonderful. It's good to see Page Hamilton still putting out music. Anyone know if he has a solo album out or getting ready to come out?

6. bah....the commercial said a "new" song by trust company.....