Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NES Gun Games

NES Gun Games

The NES had some fun Zapper games in its time.

I really liked the first party ones, especially Duck Hunt amd Gumshoe. Hogan's Alley and Wild Gunman aren't bad either. Then a few years after that, To The Earth, which I don't remember well. Is it worth picking up? I always see it cheap.

My favorite third party ones would be Freedom Force and Gotcha.

What are your favorite NES gun games?

2. When I was a kid, the fact that you could use a gun with your video game system was pretty amazing to me. Granted Duck Hunt can only keep one's interest for so long. Gumshoe was definitely a favorite of mine (wasn't the end boss a Cyclops you had to shoot in the eye?). Freedom Force was also awesome. If I remember right it came out before Operation Wolf did. At the time Freedom Force's gameplay was pretty unique on a home system as well.

Operation Wolf had potential to be a great port but I found the game way to difficult to play with the gun so I felt forced to play with the controller, which wasn't much fun.

4. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    Operation Wolf had potential to be a great port but I found the game way to difficult to play with the gun so I felt forced to play with the controller, which wasn't much fun.
    using the gun was so difficult becuase you couldn't use bombs. if i were to play it today, i'd use the gun and then put the controller under my foot "time crisis style". back in the day i didn't think of that though. operation wolf is my favorite NES gun game. viva SNK.

I think you mean, viva Taito.

6. Re: NES Gun Games

Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    Then a few years after that, To The Earth, which I don't remember well. Is it worth picking up? I always see it cheap.
    No, stay away from it and don't ever consider buying it. It's less a game than it is a form of eternal punishment, as it is utterly impossible to finish it. Erase this game from your memory. And just to be safe, it's best not to look at it directly if you ever see it again.

7. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    I think you mean, viva Taito.
    SNK must have published it then. or am i thinking of the wrong game?

Does Chiller ever end?

Gotta love those hit-boxes that pop up every shot

It's literally impossible to beat? Does it have a bug in it?

10. Gunshoe was great - extremely challenging yet so fun!
    Dreaming in Infrared®