Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BOX, SET, GO!!!

1. Very nice. Box Sets are SEXY.

Consumer whore!

( nice sets, Wolfer' )
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf
    Not a collection as in a game series, just a personal collection of box type sets
    No no no no no... I was talking to the guy that only owns one game.

The guy right above my post.

You're doing fine.

4. I was wondering whats in the SFC fire emblem big box thing, I saw it at an online shop for like $150 and was wondering what comes inside. =)

5. Good lord...I'm in awe. So, how many of those have you actually played? I noticed something that looks like the Starblazers game. Any good?
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

6. Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal
    I was wondering whats in the SFC fire emblem big box thing, I saw it at an online shop for like $150 and was wondering what comes inside. =)
    That came out September 1999 and the box set was only available for preorders, this release was different then any other SFC game because it was released on those Super Famicom Download stations only and the game is on one of those SFC memory carts. It comes with a couple of plushies, a map, VHS tape, cards and a few other things I can't remember right now... I'll post some pics of the set later on

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffen
    Good lord...I'm in awe. So, how many of those have you actually played? I noticed something that looks like the Starblazers game. Any good?
    Yes that's a Starblazer game, or Space Battleship Yamato as it's known in Japan

It's actually a pretty good game, it's a Strategy/RPG style game and the second in a series of two for the Playstation, but this is the only LE version and comes with some pretty neat things like an art book and animation VHS tape

I played maybe about 1/3 of them, if I own the english version I'll play those instead

7. Did the ehrgeiz box set come with an apology for being such a bad game?

ITS A TRAP! THE SHUTTERS CLOSE.

very impressive tho mr. wolf! Just a question, I heard something quite vague about a KOF boxed set coming with a sweatshirt of some sort........is this bullshit, or do you know if it actually exists somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

8. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki
    Did the ehrgeiz box set come with an apology for being such a bad game?

ITS A TRAP! THE SHUTTERS CLOSE.

very impressive tho mr. wolf! Just a question, I heard something quite vague about a KOF boxed set coming with a sweatshirt of some sort........is this bullshit, or do you know if it actually exists somewhere?
    ehrgeiz wasn't that bad... sure it wasn't that great ether, but it had Vincent in it ... it actually comes with a orange?! Sephiroth t-shirt, orange... and a Crash Bandicoot post card

No just a t-shirt... unless kingoffighters was wear'n it and got it all sweaty... then it would kinda be a sweat shirt... *yuck*

9. ORANGE? WHY! =/ and crash....? *walks away slowly*

and well, besides the fact it had vincent in it, who makes a sound like a cat getting over by a car when he gets hit.....i just thought it was terrible. I show it to people who need to laugh!

and awww........just a shirt huh? well I'd still like to get that but thats not quite as cool as a sweatshirt....oh well. Thanks for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. Fire Emblem V: Thracia 776 - Limited Edition Box Set

Here it is, like I promised

Fire Emblem V: Thracia 776 was originally only released on the very cool Super Famicom download stations, the units where you could buy blank SFC carts and download games onto it and once you where sick of it you could download another... in fact you could fit more then one game on these carts

This game had a promo where I believe it was if you bought it in the first day of sales you could get a very limited box set like this, these where extremely rare because for one Nintendo didn't do many LE's (and still doesn't) and because it was a limited offer also so getting ahold of one wasn't all to easy... it took me a couple of years to finally find one

Fire Emblem V: Thracia 776 was eventually released in retail form January 2000 making it the last SFC game released in Japan and what a good one to end it off with

As some of you may know Fire Emblem has been released in Japan only way back from the Famicom system till now, but NOA finally is releasing a Fire Emblem in America and it's a good one for the GBA system... so if you like Shining Force or a big fan of Strategy RPG's please pick up the Fire Emblem game when NOA releases it, I promise you won't be sorry and you'll be supporting this great series in the USA... who knows if it does well we might be seeing more of them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FireEmblembox01.jpg 
Views:	3317 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	3848   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FireEmblembox02.jpg 
Views:	1569 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	3849   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FireEmblembox03.jpg 
Views:	1466 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	3850   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FireEmblembox04.jpg 
Views:	1790 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	3851  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FireEmblembox05.jpg 
Views:	1330 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	3852