Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Azumanga Daioh Vol. 1 release date [manga]

1. Uh-oh Azumanga Daioh Vol. 1 release date [manga]

ADV announced that the first volume of the Azumanga manga will be released on September 16th with the second volume to follow in December.

Too bad they didn't have much to say about the anime release... Doesn't seem like we'll see it this year, though; the reps said they don't have any / all [?] of the voice actors for the dub. Drat.

Oh, they also said to expect some kind of merchandise... Whether it be OSTs, plushes, or... whatever. They are really going all out.

Which is good. Very good.

2. I saw this news earlier today. A reinactment for your enjoyment:

"Azumanga anime releasde in September, yeah! "
    *reads some more*
    "Fucking manga release! "

3. I'll get a plush of every girl if I can... And they will sit unattended up on a shelf along with my Plum (From Chobits) plush.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    "Fucking manga release! "
    Heh, better than nothing. It's a "tide over" for the DVDs.

And if anyone is interested in some sample artwork from the Azumanga Daioh Visual Book Vol. 1: Here. {Zip.}

5. The manga is pretty cool, very simple and Doraemon-ish. The anime is so crazy and flashy, polar opposite.

Speaking of the anime, the Japanese voices are so perfect in that show. Why must it be dubbed for a U.S. release? Is that the only way it will sell? It has a large cult following already...I don't want some gaijin screwing up Tomo's voice...

-Tech

6. No dub = no sales. This is an iron-clad rule in the anime video biz.

7. The manga for azumanga is actually very entertaining. It's still not as good as one doujin I read where all the characters kill eachother Battle Royale style. heh.

The dub for Azumanga is just gonna be bad, I don't see how they can pull it off. But only time will tell.

8. Beh, I would never be able to stand to watch Azu dubbed, not after seeing the whole series subtitled. As for the manga, I'm excited for its release, but I want the anime here NOW. ;_;

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K
    The dub for Azumanga is just gonna be bad, I don't see how they can pull it off. But only time will tell.
    They can't. I mean, you can do it, but it won't be the same. They can't dub Osaka without killing her, because you can't translate Osakaben. Making it into a Brooklin accent or whatever just is not a solution.

And while I'm dying to see the TV series, I'm actually more excited about the manga release. Which is kind of odd, because I've already read halfway through the series in Japanese. *shrugs*

I do hope they get off of their ass and release the anime first thing next year. And I'm curious what merchandise they are going to bring over, because while there was of course some in Japan, really good stuff was few and far between once you got beyond the capsule toys. (IMHO.)
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

10. !!!

Hooray for azumanga . Any way that it comes here is good to me.