Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about Intelligent Systems.

1. Let's talk about Intelligent Systems.

Intelligent Systems has to be one of Nintendo's most overlooked development teams. They produced some of Nintendo's best games, yet they don't get as much recognition as Miyamoto or even Rare, which is a huge shame. Their track record includes, but not limited to:

The Metroid series (including the upcoming Metroid 4)
    The Fire Emblem series
    Panel de Pon (Tetris Attack and Pokemon's Puzzle League)
    Paper Mario
    Card Hero
    Battle Clash and Metal Combat
    Most of the games in the Wars series (including the recent Advance Wars)
    Galatic Pinball (which explains Samus' cameo)
    Wrecking Crew
    Wild Gunman
    Duck Hunt
    Hogan's Alley
    Mario Bros. (and Kaettekita Mario Bros.)
    Donkey Kong
    The Super Mario Land series

Also, they're one of the few companies currently producing original titles for the GBA, rather than rehashing old SNES games. While they could have easily ported Super Metroid or one of the SNES Fire Emblem titles to the GBA (not that I wouldn't mind seeing FE3 or FE4 being ported to the SuFami, knowing that not many people have even heard of the series), they choose to create entirely new games for the system, which says alot about their creativity. I wonder what they can do with the Game Cube.

IntSys/R&D1 is one of the greatest development teams in gaming history. I would still rank EAD higher but just barely.

3. Nothing much to say except they're my favorite developers. Any question as to why can just look over their incredibly consistent track record.

4. Intelligent Systems is my 2nd favorite developer, behind only EAD, although IS has been better in the past year or so.

don't forget that they developed mario kart super circuit.

also, IS shouldn't be confused with R&D1. They have been seperate developers since '86.

It's true that they have been long separated but they were still mostly the same team headed by Yokoi from what I can tell. The biggest difference being Miyamoto having been involved with some R&D1 games.

6. They're what I love best about Nintendo - I hold them in higher reguard than most Sega dept. Includeing AM2. That's a lot of praise coming from someone so fiendishly addicted to Sega and Enix.

ºTracer
    o_O

7. Hmmmmmm...

IS might be focusing on the GBA due to their lack of experience with 3-D games. This is merely speculation on my part.

I do love all their games, and plan to purchase whatever they can churn out.

8. Intelligent Systems, in addition to developing games, were also the developers of various programming tools for the Famicom, Game Boy, Super Famicom, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Color and GBA. For some reason, they didn't did much with the N64 besides Paper Mario, Pokemon's Puzzle League and the cancelled Fire Emblem 64.

Also, was Intelligent Systems always called Intelligent Systems? They didn't start getting credit for their games until around the late 1990s with Nintendo Power titles like Super Famicom Wars and Fire Emblem Thracia 776.

9. Originally posted by Johnny Undaunted
    Also, was Intelligent Systems always called Intelligent Systems? They didn't start getting credit for their games until around the late 1990s with Nintendo Power titles like Super Famicom Wars and Fire Emblem Thracia 776.
    that might have something to do with gunpei yokoi and satoru okada both leaving R&D1 at around that time, after they both ran the division for about 20 years. i imagine at that time ties were broken between R&D1 and intelligent systems, and they both stopped co-developing titles together like they did in the early '90's.

or that could be 100% unrelated. who knows.

10. Did Intelligent Systems make Kid Icarus?