Page 1 of 54 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Burnout 3

1. Burnout 3

supposedly the UK Official PS2 magazine has info on Burnout 3.

it's said to have 70-80 cars, online play, it will switch styles of gameplay from the Fast And The Furious type street races to Ridge Racer style gameplay.

anyways, i played Burnout 2 a bit, and thought it was a solid racing game. so if they're gonna try to clone Ridge Racer, more power to them.

i really hope they do a good job.

2. Hey, somebody has to make another Ridge Racer. It might as well be Criterion.
    -Kyo

3. no no no no no no no NO!. don't ever say something like that again.

get it right, Ridge Racer clone. nobody but Namco should ever work on series. shit, even Nintendo couldn't recapture the magic (although they pretty much got the gameplay down).

4. Hmmm...I really want a Burnout 3 but I want to see some pictures and more details on what they are planning on doing before I pass any judgement. Hell, if they keep the same gameplay but make the physics and crashes better I'd be more than happy. If they could implement explosions, it would be awesome (they neeed to work on the particle system anyway).

5. Awesome that it's being worked on, as the first two are amazing racers, but I can't get too excited until more gameplay details come out. Changing racing styles seems a little strange when the first two had such brilliant engines. Having 70-80 cars doesn't seem like Burnout at all.

Criterion also has another racer on tap, called Dust Storm, but no details have been released (that I've come across anyway).

6. Excellent news. More info and and screenshots would have been great, but even this makes me somewhat excited.

I love Burnout 2, and hopefully 3, will be more of the same.

7. I loved the first two games, especially the first one. Hopefully a third game in the series will combine the best of the two games.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Burnout is one intense game, glad another is coming.
    pwned by Ivan

9. *humps madly* Oh God YES!

10. News

Good news..... I still need to buy BO2 however. When will it ever come down in price?