Thread: Power Instinct series

1. Power Instinct series

I have only played two of the 5 (!) Power Instinct games- the decent SNES port and the most recent Power Instinct Matrimelee. They are solid 2D fighters with some interesting characters.

Has anyone else played this series? Does anyone know anything else about this obscure series?

PS: If you were at Otakon this past weekend, Matrimelee is that mystery fighting game at the gameroom- it just came out this year

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?...&game_id=10992

2. In a local arcade, they have Matrimelee. The screen was a bit messed, maybe I should go over there again sometime. Needless to say, I got my ass kicked. I suck at fighters for the most part.
    To understand man, walk it shoe on other foots.

3. I just loooove Groove On Fight. I haven't liked a single other PI game but I do have high hopes for Matrimelee. I'll probably get me an MVS cart sooner than later.

Pa

4. wait...Groove on Fight was a PI game? Or did I just misread your post?

hmmmm...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash
    wait...Groove on Fight was a PI game? Or did I just misread your post?

hmmmm...

Yeah, it was PI3. As you may have guessed(Avatar), I enjoy Matrimelee quite a bit. Not the best fighter, but a good distraction.

6. Where at Otakon was it? I didn't see it.

(I did however see SNK vs Capcom, F-Zero GX, Kirbys Air Ride, and Viewtiful Joe.)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    Where at Otakon was it? I didn't see it.

Towards the back of the TV station rows, adjacent to the WarCraft III LAN setup table.

8. Its not a bad game......good for the spleen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS