Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: chat room?

1. chat room?

Ever consider adding a chat room for TNL? it'd be nice for those of us who are bored and lonely *sobs*, or even someone setting up a TNL soulseek channel or something. It'd be great if we could have an officially sanctioned TNL chat room, perhaps even privatize it with password restriction or something so no apes could get in. Ok i'M bored and need to go.
    Commentaries and Opinions on Metal

2. Quote Originally Posted by station82o
    perhaps even privatize it with password restriction or something so no apes could get in.
    No use creating a chat room if most of the board can't get into it.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

3. Yeah good point, I just meant making access to it have to be something that is specially requested, much like Fight Club access was request based only. But anyway scratch that part.

4. Before someone mucks up the thread and mentions that channel devoid of anything remotely interesting (Unless you find idling interesting), #Neomega, I'll say what I always say.

Open your IRC client. Pick a server.
    Type /join #TNL
    Followed by /msg chanserv register or however that server is laid out.
    Then tell people.

It isn't that hard. If you don't suck and people are bored, they will come. Theres no need for the admins of the site to make some big deal out of something that could take anyone 5 seconds to do.
    Play Guitar Hero //

5. there is a chat room on the chat-solutions IRC server called #neomega yeah its called neomega but its home to both TNL and Neomega people
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. I don't know much about chat rooms and IRC. Is there a difference between a channel anyone can set up and a fancier place? In other words, do I need to secure a channel like I secure hosting for the site in order to have a permanent chat room? Because I'll happily set up an official chat room for the site if someone gives me some advice on how to best proceed.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Sl1p
    Open your IRC client. Pick a server.
    Type /join #TNL
    Followed by /msg chanserv register or however that server is laid out.
    Then tell people.

8. Yeah, it's that easy. You might want to use a bot to keep tabs on things eventually, but for now that's all you need to do if you just want to experiment.

If possible, pick a server that has nickserv/chanserv stuff and allows plenty of handle characters. EFnet's limit is 9, for example. KotP and I would not appreciate that.

9. i just thought it'd bee cool to have it accessible f rom the site itself! aoha!

10. /chanserv register #tnl omgwtf PWN PWN PWN