Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Education (renamed because the other title was stupid)

1. You should also paint bunnies and then in another panel of the photo have the bunny eating popcorn at the cinema! ha-ha! Good fun, jolly good!

Man, a bunny eating popcorn at the cinema! Where do I come up with these!?! Maybe he could be watching Roger Rabbit!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

I went to the Art Institute of Philadelphia. The professors were all bitter, failed artists.
    (This is why they teach instead of being famous artists)
    And I realized that I would either end up being rich and famous... or working in the Sears portrait studio.
    One is slightly more likley than the other.

I left after a year.

3. Was it really that bad?

The GD teachers I have right now seem pretty good. They just aren't the greatest teachers in the world. I mean, if you can teach someone how to be better, even one ounce, then you don't deserve to be guiding minds.

At the same time, though, they really exposed us to great design and taught us how to recognize it from bad design or bland design. (or when to use what)

One of my teachers has his own Graphic Design company and the others have worked all over the place. I was just wondering about the Art Institute because they were opening up a Game Art & Design course which would be awesome.

But it's SO pricey.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

4. What art schools are less than $12,500 a year?

5. There's a school up here in Canada called Sheridan. It teaches top notch multimedia, graphic design, animation and other arts for 8000 dollars, tops, for their most expensive course.

It's not a crappy school, it's so good that animation studios like Pixar and Dreamworks pick student right up for internship and such from it.

It also gets help from the government too, like most schools. Most private schools, like an AI, are funded totally through tuition and private means, so they're more pricy because they can't afford it.