Thread: "The Product"

1. Question "The Product"

I think I found out about this site from here awhile ago, but I thought I'd let everyone know that they have updated their site with new demos.

http://theproduct.de

To put it simply, they are like graphic demos with music, but they only take up 64k of space. There are 3 demos, with a larger 8mb one that is pretty cool. It's an interesting piece of technology, something 56krs can easily download and watch. Check it out (the newer ones are quite a bit better than the first one released in 2000).

2. Yeah, these demos are awesome.

Especially poemtoahorse. There was a thread with a lot of demos like this some time ago...

3. This has been posted before, and is a few years old, but still awesome for 64k.

Anyway, check out www.scene.org for all the latest in demos and intros.

4. Those demos are just mad. Seriously.

But, we've got hackers making incredible stuff like that in 64k, and I STILL can't find a good screensaver...

5. Quote Originally Posted by Kenshin
    Those demos are just mad. Seriously.

But, we've got hackers making incredible stuff like that in 64k, and I STILL can't find a good screensaver...
    It can all be really traced back the the C64 piracy scene...

Remember when programmers HAD to work with what was out there instead of just hoping for more powerful video cards and CPUs?

6. Oh, I know about the demo scene. I just hadn't seen what's come out of it in a very long time.

I wish developers would show that much initiative, and really crunch.

But some of the effects in poemtoahorse and candytron would make amazing screensavers...