Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Johnny and the PS2 Price Drop

1. Johnny and the PS2 Price Drop

From the old boards, I remember Johnny giving his own date he insisted on when he thought the PS2 price drop would be, which was, I believe, before E3 (can't remember the exact date). Just wondering (and I think anyone else who remembers might be as well), if you (Johnny) wouldn't mind posting that date again and why you seemed to believe so much in that one date specifically? Or were just doing that to see who believed you?

Wonder how long Sony will wait to announce the price drop if they indeed do it at E3...

2. Sony will drop only if MS does, or they are sure MS is about to.

3. This is what I said in that old thread:

Sony will drop the price of the PS2 when they release the PS3.

4. Originally posted by EThugg
    Sony will drop only if MS does, or they are sure MS is about to.
    That's what I think, too. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see MS dropping the price of the Xbox in the next month or so. Which would royally piss me off, seeing as I just bought one three weeks ago.

5. Yes, that would suck sorta, but think of it this way, the price drop is sure to increase sales, increased sales ensure more games, more games makes your XB more worth owning.

6. Originally posted by EThugg
    Yes, that would suck sorta, but think of it this way, the price drop is sure to increase sales, increased sales ensure more games, more games makes your XB more worth owning.

My Xbox is already more than worth owning, thanks to, above all, SMILEBIT.
    It's a mirror image!

7. There was a bit about the system price wars on CNN today. They had a author dicussing his new book on the X-Box (6 months out and there's a book already...) and the position X-Box would take in a price drop. Given X-Box is the premium system out right now and costs so much it puts MS in a bind. Sony can drop the PS2 because of how large their market share is and the technology has paid (or is close to) for itself. Nintendo can drop can GameCube as it seems a cheaper console to manufacture and ship and ride sales of consistent sellers even with a lack of third party offerings. Mircosoft however woud likely be the last to drop simply because of the amount of money lost on each console now. At least this is his opinion, he also mentioned Halo was a excellent game but not the killer app MS needs. *-neo

8. No offence, but CNN is the last place to get info about consoles... even financial news about them...

9. Johnny said the price drop would be on April 26th.

Wasn't that yesterday...?

Johnny Guest
    Yeah, I predicted a drop to 200$ for yesterday. My little theory spawned from the two PSX price cuts that popped up every 18 months since launch. I guess Sony is making too much money to follow the previous example. Oh well, my mistake.