Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgaea - Official

1. The Disgaea Marathon: Day Three 08/30/03

Play time is now over Thirteen Hours. Tasks completed today include Chapter 4, one trip through Item World (again, useless item with residents in areas of interest... I must properly build up my legendary common axe and legendary cross-tranner shoes after all), and lastly mad leveling at Road of Flames (those of you who have have got there knw why, those that have no, trust me it's a great place). The party is now 10 characters strog and their levels are: 21, 13, 12, 14, 15, 14, 13, 10, 10, 11.

Sggg, Mages and skulls are very useful for me. They are great for harmng many characters with one attack. At the end of chapter four all my skulls where capable of taking out level nine enemies in one hit, and because of the level of their spells they could hit multiple targets in one casting... needless to say I highly recommend them.

And those of you that think chapter one's Mid-Boss is hard...

Wait till chapter four, he is much much harder.

2. Okay Kidnemo, who makes the strat guide you bought? Versus? If it has lots of art, I will buy any strat guide!

Just started playing last night, and it's cuuuuute...haha, watching Etna 'wake up' Laharl was funny. The fights are rather fast-paced, and it's cool that you can 'execute' multiple attacks/actions all in one go, take em in bits, or one player at a time.

I also like how even the generic characters (warrior, mage, et al), have as much charm as the Laharl and Etna.

I don't understand the Senate thing though, or how leveling works (do you only get exp for finishing an enemy, or if you hurt them). More to figure out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    I didn't think the Mid-Boss fight was all that bad. After I skirted the feild and dealt with the red Geo Switches, the Wind Mage and Archer were pusses...but I also had my powered up Legendary Rock Fist and Laharl always countered Mid-Boss, so I got at least two attacks in per round. Once he was toast, the rest was cake.
    It was only tricky for me because too many members of my squad are way too weak, and Laharl was offed by the special attack of the Mid-Boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    I don't understand the Senate thing though, or how leveling works (do you only get exp for finishing an enemy, or if you hurt them). More to figure out...
    The instructions are flimsy, but all the info you need is available in the game. Talk to the person who lets you in and let them explain how everything works, that should cover it. Then experiment a bit (you need to up your rank before you can do most things though). It helps seeing how it works in practice.

4. Double Jump makes the guide, Gamestop is suppose to carry it, but they didn't have it at either one by me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Hero
    Okay Kidnemo, who makes the strat guide you bought? Versus? If it has lots of art, I will buy any strat guide!

Just started playing last night, and it's cuuuuute...haha, watching Etna 'wake up' Laharl was funny. The fights are rather fast-paced, and it's cool that you can 'execute' multiple attacks/actions all in one go, take em in bits, or one player at a time.

I also like how even the generic characters (warrior, mage, et al), have as much charm as the Laharl and Etna.

Double Jump Publishing made the strategy guide. Apparently it has artwork on every page, six or seven pages devoted solely to artwork and one or two foldouts.

The senate is kinda tough. If a sentor is leaning against you in the slightest way you have to give them items that they're interested in in order to bribe them. Rarely does it take one or two items though. You'll easily clean out your inventory bribing three or four sentors, and even then they won't be totally for you. If that doesn't work you could battle the ones that are against you, but that isn't reccomended until later in the game. Exp is only gained when you defeat an enemy. Kind of a pain. I prefer Exp for every action. It's tough leveling up certain classes since they end up getting killed before defeating anyone. That's where combos come in, though.

Edit: Added info.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Survival Kid
    Exp is only gained when you defeat an enemy. Kind of a pain. I prefer Exp for every action.
    That is pretty weak. Healing and status-affect classes will hardly ever level if they have to be the doing the killing, and it seems like a nuisance to make them get kills when they should be doing their job. Maybe the combo system levels it out, but it seems counter-intuitive.

7. Fury Fox, the Geo Pannel system helps greatly in that reguard. You can level an entire field if you place the switches correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. Saturn Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo
    I am definitely going to need to buy this. The game is so good and so deep, I am sure it'll come in handy. Besides, it would probably be worth it exclusively for the art.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    Fury Fox, the Geo Pannel system helps greatly in that reguard. You can level an entire field if you place the switches correctly.
    I suck at the Geo-Panel system so far.. but I certainly see it's potential. I need to work on using it to my benefit more though. *wobble

I have gotten better at levelling up my weaker characters though, and like others have stated - the key seems to be incorporating them in combined attacks. Right now I have a blue mage armed with a gun who always stands next to Laharl.

The mentor/pupil relationship is also really neat. Having Laharl armed with heal has come in handy many times.

9. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    That is pretty weak. Healing and status-affect classes will hardly ever level if they have to be the doing the killing, and it seems like a nuisance to make them get kills when they should be doing their job. Maybe the combo system levels it out, but it seems counter-intuitive.
    Healing spells still level up per use, it's just that your character's actual level can only be raised by defeating enemies. The healing spell, with each level gained, will effect a larger area, rather than become more powerful. So Heal Lvl 1 will effect a single square and heal 34HP, while Lvl 2 will effect two squares, but still heal only 34HP and so on. The actual more powerful spells are gained through character leveling. If you get your healers into combos they'll easily gain levels without actually using them for the offensive. It all works very well, but still, I do like Exp for actions system more.

I went to GS today to pick up the strategy guide, but they didn't have it in. They said to try agin on Tuesday. So instead I walked out with a copy FFTA reserved.