Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MS going with ATI for Xbox 2..

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dripdry
    How did NVidia bollox the chips?

Oh, I'm ALL for ATI, don't get me wrong. Just curious.
    NVidia had a bunch of problems and delivered the chips late, underperforming what they promised and over budget. So they cost more then MS originally wanted to pay. MS sued. And they faught a bunch and i'm not quite sure what happened from there. I forget all the details.

2. Yeah, read Opening the Xbox (great book BTW) it tells all about nVidia's problems. It's a double shame about MS not going with AMD. It would have been a better deal across the board and PROBABLY would have helped the whole nv chip problem along (since the Xbox is basically an nForce 2 mobo... and those don't take Pentiums).
    o_O

3. If this move means no backward compatibility on Xbox then I hope MS has enough sense to scale the size of Xbox NeXt or whatever the fuck they're calling it down to non-Texan proportions.

4. nVidia is spelt really dumb. I don't like it and can atleast set my watch to ATI.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    By the time Xbox 2 comes out, that'll be quite the outdated card I'm sure. Even if you're kidding, just saying
    i could be wrong but doesnt the xbox have a geforce 2 or 3 in it? and at the time wasnt the gforce 4 the norm?

6. I just realized this means nothing for gamers. Useless information.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."