Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: House Of 1000 Corpses - My Review

House Of 1000 Corpses - My Review

House of a Thousand Corpses is either a great homage to 70's Horror Movie, or a sick disturbing film that at times feel like your watching a snuff film, it all depends on your tolerance for sado-masochism and violence.
    I say it falls in the middle and it pushes the R rating to its limit, Zombie himself had to edit the film numerous times to escape the dreaded NC-17 rating which is the Kiss of death for a Movie studio.

So 2 young couples go out for a night of fun and end up at a deranged clown's freak show museum which also doubles as a fried chicken joint and Gas station, interesting combo. They are curious about the local legend of Dr Satan, and ask for a map to where he was last seen. Of course things go downhill quickly when they pick up a sexy young Hitchiker and end up getting a flat. They arrive at the house of a sick, tiwsted, depraved Family that likes to torture, kill and have fun with people who pass thru their neck of the Woods. They put Leathface and his Family to shame.

The most interesting thing is the acid induced, trippy scenes of dancing nude women sometimes dripping with blood. Plus other bizzare black and white images, it really adds to the overall mood of the Movie. It borrows alot from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre but is more brutal and somewhat darker. Things get hectic near the end but the payoff of Dr Satan makes the Movie worthwhile.

This Movie won't appeal to many people, and might offened them unless they appreciate Horror like I do, but I found the story and the unusual editing style to be top notch. It will be interesting to see the Director's cut to see what had to be cut, I can only imagine...

2. Interesting impressions. I dont think its even playing anywhere around here, so I guess I will just get the dvd, when it comes out.

3. Should've left the movie as 'Unrated'.

4. Can you even do that for theatrical releases?
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. Can you even do that for theatrical releases?
    It's been years since a studio allowed its movie to be branded with an NC-17. A lot of European art house films (recent examples: Blaise-Moi, Sex and Lucia, Irreversible) go Unrated, but they actually have some kind of purpose besides simple shock value.

6. after the first 10 minutes, befroe the credits started, i was like wow if this movie stays like this, this movie will darn good

but it seemed to go downhill after that, Zombie seems like a good director, but it just isnt my type of movie

7. Good review Korian. The movie sounds pretty good. It's playing near me, but I didn't get the chance to see it this past weekend. I'm probably going to see it Tuesday. I'll post my impressions.

And I love how the guy above me is called Strawberry Shortcake but has a pic of Snake-eyes popping a cap in Cobra's ass as his avatar.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. thats becaue i am gangsta, the name is just to throw off people

9. I saw it and hated every minute of it. Waste of my time IMO.
    "What you should do is dress her up like Jill Valentine, fuck her brains out, then leave her in a field."
    -WTF?-

10. Try explaining why.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww