Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nintendo trying to change its image ?

1. Originally posted by EThugg
    Ummm blank DVDs are under $2....
    The only DVD-R that are 2$ are generic discs. In the CD-R world the drives and media have come a long way. If you use generic media with your DVD-R you will regret it becuase they will give you failures and end up giving you problems in the long run. The second reason you cannot use generics is becuase PS2 has a very weak and low quality laser assembly in it, it is in no way near the quality that you might have in your PC drive. If you try to use a generic disc in your PS2 you will hear it making clicking sounds (Respins the disc to retry reading a sector) and may even crash. Eventually the laser assembly dies from trying to read bad quality discs, laser assemblies dying is quite common right now for PS2 "backupers".

Saint of killers, that's not really true, there was no modchip at the launch and the only drive available at launch time was the Pioneer S201 (Retails for $6000). And I believe the S201 does not even write on general purpose media which is only readable by PS2 (There are several types of DVD-R discs). Only very recently has there been solutions for playing PS2 games without swapping and a bunch of other ridiculous stuff. My system is modded but primarily so I can play imports without problems, I do buy games very frequently but I'll admit I've played 3 or 4 backups, but I've bought many many more games.

2. Nintendo claimed they wanted the Gamecube to be an all around system that anyone of any age can pick up and play. So obviously there's gonna be games for kids,games for older people, and games that just fit in between(Although the N64 really did screw Nintendo's image and it stopping them from getting alot of the better known title son the GC, which sucks).

3. Gongos: On the contrary. RE is the perfect game for Nintendo to flaunt on that subject because everyone knows it. When people by and large think of "dark" games on consoles, RE will almost always pop up. Yes, there are much more well-done, scarier, or just gorier games, but for getting a message out RE perfectly fits the bill. The tricky part is keeping it up, as even with the N64s darker games, it's still considered a kiddy system, they need more to shrug off the labelling, and even more importantly, more exclusive darker games.