Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanwa Sticks and Buttons Purchase Info

1. Sanwa Sticks and Buttons Purchase Info

I am looking for a Sanwa arcade stick and buttons. The colors do not have to match, but it would be nice. I am hoping to get this from someone who can ship in the US because all my current options involve ordering from overseas

If anyone has a preconstructed stick that uses Sanwa parts I may be willing to buy that from them as well if the price is right.

Please either Post here or email me at mwmson@hotmail.com if you PM please post here that you PMed me. I will be willing to paypal and M.O.

Thanks again!

Although I haven't heard of the buttons/stick you mentioned, you might want to try happcontrols.com, as they carry many different buttons and sticks of varying feel and durability (althoug I've heard that they last forever).

3. ...

Happs only deals with American sticks, I'm assuming you want Jap style to replace the parts in a stick like the Agetec right? Well arcade-infinity.com or ultimarc.com have Jap sticks and buttons...but not sure if these are specifically the Sanwa parts...or not...you could also try posting over at Shoryuken.com because there are a lot of international fighters there that might have contacts.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

I wasn't aware that there was a difference between American and Japanese sticks. Thanks for clearing it up.

5. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tones
    I wasn't aware that there was a difference between American and Japanese sticks. Thanks for clearing it up.
    No problem -- Japanese style are the small ball top sticks that are ultra clicky and have really easy movement, plus the buttons are much better than even U.S. competition ones (considered imitation Japanese buttons) -- the major deterent is the cost of buying real Japanese parts here in the U.S.

6. I would like to order some sticks and buttons from Happcontrols.com to put in my two RedOctane sticks (assuming they have the same connections when I open them up and just clip on i.e. I don't have to solder), which are the best and most durable though? Like, there are competition and ultimate buttons, sticks, etc. Keep in mind I mostly play shooters, and I like the kind of sticks that don't click and are kind of tight, not loose feeling...any advice would be helpful, thanks....

7. Quote Originally Posted by salt_peanuts
    I would like to order some sticks and buttons from Happcontrols.com to put in my two RedOctane sticks (assuming they have the same connections when I open them up and just clip on i.e. I don't have to solder), which are the best and most durable though? Like, there are competition and ultimate buttons, sticks, etc. Keep in mind I mostly play shooters, and I like the kind of sticks that don't click and are kind of tight, not loose feeling...any advice would be helpful, thanks....

Sorry to hijack this thread -- First off all the sticks are going to click because they activate by hitting microswitches.--unless you go ultimate 360 which you do not want to mess with. Hmmm...is the redoctane like the X-arcade sticks? I know X-arcade uses supers. Read below for my thoughts, and feel free to PM me for more info.

Anyway, well competition sticks are shorter and have good circular movement. Ultimate are only good if you get a hard spring with them because they are way to loose feeling without it. Also they come with 2 spacers so you can shorten or lengthen the shaft to your liking. The shorter spacer will make it feel more like a competition stick, but I'm not sure how you like your stick length.

Personally competition feels better for me, but I mostly play fighters. There's also super sticks which you may see on a lot of fighters at arcades because they don't use microswitches the same as the other 2 but instead have prongs that can be rebent to allow for better response. How hard are you on sticks? Supers are the most durable and can take a hell of a lot of beating. Ultimates with hard springs are decent, but are a little rougher than competition.

I would go all competition and see if you can different springs for it when you do, they only cost like 50 cents each and then you can experiment and see which ones you like best. It mostly depends on the spring to define tightness of the controls.

Buttons are simple -- you have either convex or concave -- ultimates are concave and I have them on my custom with a comp stick. Competitions are okay and are convex, so you're fingers won't catch as much on them for quick movement, but they feel like poor man's Japanese buttons. If you can, I'd try and order Japanese pushbuttons from arcade-infinity.com, they have the best feel overall, but cost about 3 bucks each compared to under a dollar for the others.

You're probably pretty safe with an all competition setup, the stick is smooth and tight enough and the buttons with let you move at a decent speed.

I actually have an extra ultimate stick with a soft spring I could sell you if interested. PM me.

ssb

8. Thank you for answering those things for me SSB!

I would like to put my $0.02 in on this as well. I have build many custom sticks. The RedOctane seem quite simple to modify with good sticks/buttons. Happs has very solid quality sticks and IF you do decide to get sticks from them I would recomend completly avoiding Supers and Ultimates. They are just ment to be sturdy and not ment for great accuracy. Mainly for things like platformers and shmups they are ok as corners are not as important to find %100 of the time.

I highly recomend the Competition sticks. Great quality stuff and at a good price. I would with all my heart rather get a Super/Ultimate stick than a 360^ stick, but other people swear buy them. I can never seem to find corners for the life of me with them.

For buttons convex are all around good. Unless you can count frames in fighters you probably wont notice too great of a difference in the quality. (BTW they do feel like poo man jp buttons the concave ones.)

I recently got a chance to use Sanwa buttons and a stick, and now I can not go back. They just feel the best to me. Again this is all preference. I know that ultimarc and arcade-infinity have the right buttons and sticks, but aside from both being overpriced, the shiping on the stick from the UK is more than the actual stick.

Just to clear a few things up. X arcade sticks TRIED to get a contract with happs but they said no and what you end up with is good imitation of a Super that is made in Mexico. Again, some people really like these. The only companies that I know of that uses Happs parts are the RedOctane and MAS Systems.

Just so you know, with the RedOctanes that use the happs, THESE, are using ultimates (IIRC) and their regular buttons. This is a $18 simple upgrade that they are charging $40 to do. I recomend that you get THIS stick and make the same upgrade with Competition stick and you still save money.

Also, I am still looking for Sanwa parts.

9. ...

A group of people with me might be ordering a big batch direct from Sanwa for our own projects. Once I work out the details, we could add yours as well, you could PayPal your amount and I could ship them once I get my batch. I'll let you know once we work things out.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Shapermc
    I am hoping to get this from someone who can ship in the US because all my current options involve ordering from overseas

There's nothing wrong with ordering from overseas - it's very easy and will cost less than you think if you do it right. Remember that if you buy sticks from somebody local, they'd still have had to order them from somewhere in Asia in the first place and you'll end up paying for it in the long run.