Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Onegai Twins

1. Neo-Geo Onegai Twins

This is obviously some kind of spin-off of Onegai Teacher, but what exactly is the relation to OT [other than the appearance of Mizuho?] I'm not sure if I should be watching this without having seen Teacher, but oh well.

I've only viewed up to ep. 2 so far, but it's certainly worth the time [read: download.] Likable characters, a pretty interesting story setup, very swift animation, and a healthy dose of foul play and uncomfortable situations.

Funny stuff.

Oh, the story goes something like this: Maiku lives on his own in a house that is pictured in an old photograph that he owns. In the photo, he is seen with a young girl, which he thinks to be his relative. Later, a girl with the same color eyes arrives at his house with a copy of the same photograph. Like Maiku, she has been abandoned and thinks that the two may be brother and sister. But then a third girl arrives with the same picture in tow, and a similar story to tell...

2. Incorrect assumption. Onegai Twins is a story in it's own. From what I've seen so far (the first four fansubs that have been released), it seems you can watch this series without watching Onegai Teacher, but the whole "Marie" thing will seem a bit odd. All you have to know is that Mizuho is an alien.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Click_Stick
    ...that get raunchier by the episode. Ep 4 has an implied blowjob...

OK series, but the jokes are running thin (plus, how are they twins when all they share is eye color? Don't they need DNA records or something?).

4. Quote Originally Posted by Freeter
    plus, how are they twins when all they share is eye color? Don't they need DNA records or something?.
    They already explained that the guy doesn't have enough money to spend on a DNA test.

5. Well, I just finished reading the Onegai Teacher manga, and I'm still getting the DVD's released here... so I guess I'll give this one a shot.

6. I've watched the four that have been released so far, and I'm digging the series. I haven't seen Onegai Teacher, but, as it's been said, I don't think that's really necessary.

The situations they manage to get into have been pretty amusing so far. Besides what was mentioned above, there's also Miina's dream sequence, where she practically ends up making out with Karen in her sleep.

They're still doing some basic character development as of episode 4, as the 3 adjust to living together, but hopefully things will pick up soon.

7. Anime Junkies has ep 5 up as I speak.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    Anime Junkies has ep 5 up as I speak.
    EEWWWW, don't mention them again. Bleh, they have horrible translations (not as bad as Manga fansubs, but eh). Either get Lunar or AE-Keep's subs.

9. ufufu~

I'm really enjoying this show. I didn't expect to enjoy it, and the show took a while to convince me, but I'm hooked. It's a lot of fun and the situations are really funny, and the strong characters and storyline are nice. Also, just when I start to think things are getting stale, the series throws something new at me. I'm thoroughly hooked on it.

ufufu~

10. Ep. 5... nice. The story is really starting to move now. I too am thoroughly enjoying this series so far [and I feel so dirty for it.] Oh, and the opening song: good good.

Maybe Bandai will see fit to pick up the license?

Oh, and Christ... I'm sticking with AE. Lunar's spelling isn't worth two cents - I wish people knew the difference between "your" and "you're." Bleh.

Bring on #6.