Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Game Paradise

The Game Paradise

I recently got The Game Paradise 2 for PS1. It's a solid shooter filled with typical Japanese weirdness. Anyone else played it or the first game on Saturn?

2. As a matter of fact I got the Saturn version last week . Fun game, odd but fun. I'm a bit confused though, I thought the game had a level based on RPGs, or perhaps that was part two. *-neo

I haven't played much into it yet to know if GP2 has an RPG-based level.

Did you get the special edition with the video cassette?

4. Yeah, the Limited Edtion, quite large. Haven't had a chance to view the video but I hope it's not loaded with annoying voice acting like the game.

The first game BTW is set entirely in a arcade, you'll fly over the machines in some levels and enter the actual games in others. The mani villain is a bizzarro guy in a trench coat with glasses. Is the second one set in arcade or is it based on home console games? *-neo

The second game appears to be set in an arcade as well.

6. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    The second game appears to be set in an arcade as well.
    I see. One weird little thing I noticed in the game, some of the arcade machines you fly over have Tuff E Nuff playing and that crappy US boxart for the machine's decals :P .

If you ever get a chance feel free to post your impressions on Game Paradise 2, I don't think there's many copies of it around, I doubt many people have played the second one. *-neo

dummy Guest
    The RPG level is only in the Saturn (non-TATE ) mode. The video is chock full of annoying voice acting. Your worst nightmare.

8. Originally posted by dummy
    The RPG level is only in the Saturn (non-TATE ) mode. The video is chock full of annoying voice acting. Your worst nightmare.
    Thanks and thanks! I'll wear earmuffs. *-neo

9. its not tate because it represents the "home side" of gaming. makes sense I say.

10. Any way for me to score the Saturn original for cheap ?? Or at least cheaper than the $90 Special Edition that I saw ??
    - Kabuki