Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That Damn School Shooting In Germany

Johnny Guest
    Where the hell is EThugg?

2. Re: Re: That Damn School Shooting In Germany

I like the nonviolent games I've listed in my OP also- it doesn't take violence to make a game fun. On the other hand, more than a few violent games also happen to be fun (Smash TV, Guwange, Crisis Zone, etc.).

Movies portray violence far more realistically than any game ever could. Stuff I've seen in Hannibal, Starship Troopers, etc. has caused me to occasionally use "viewer discretion" and look away momentarily- and I've played a shedload of violent and gory games. So have many others. "Desensitization" is one theory that flies like a bird with two broken wings and three ounces of salt on its tail.

If Germany outlaws guns... outlaws will still have guns, and outlaws will still sell guns to outlaws. Those who obey the law but feel the need to protect theirselves would then be going up the creek without a paddle. Germany should just stick to the gun laws they do have while perhaps raising the minimum age for gun ownership to 21 (which would nip at least some school shootings in the bud).

3. Originally posted by Johnny
    Where the hell is EThugg?
    Ummm... right here. What?

4. I think the Earth is due for a little 'thinning-out' of the gene pool...
    Boo, Hiss.

Johnny Guest
    If Germany outlaws guns... outlaws will still have guns, and outlaws will still sell guns to outlaws. Those who obey the law but feel the need to protect theirselves would then be going up the creek without a paddle. Germany should just stick to the gun laws they do have while perhaps raising the minimum age for gun ownership to 21 (which would nip at least some school shootings in the bud).
    Many criminal acts are acted upon with legal guns. They're often stolen, borrowed or owned. If you were to take legal guns off the market, then purchasing illegal ones will be that much harder and expensive. As for defending yourself, you can do so many different non-lethal ways, like pepper spray and tazer gun.

I'm not against gun ownership, but your reply was straight out of the NRA handbook and I just had to respond.