Thread: Capcom's Project Devil!?

1. Capcom's Project Devil!?

In an update to the official Capcom site, Devil May Cry creator Shinji Mikami said that he and a new development team are working on a new project called Project Devil. Unfortunately, it wasn't revealed if this is indeed Devil May Cry 2, but Mikami mentioned that the game will not have Dante as its hero and that it will be officially unveiled soon."

And now defected Devil May Cry- 2 director, Hideki Kamiya is now working on a mysterious Gamecube title which he revealed a small little tidbit on what to expect:

working hard night and day on a new project with a new staff. A new hero just as strong as Dante is now running around in our monitors and I think we'll be able to introduce you this character very soon.

Thanks to all the people who loved DMC. Goodbye Dante, we'll see you again someday when you come back even stronger. And please look forward to the day our new hero makes an explosive debut!"

So... Shinji said he was also doing a non- Biohazard title for the GCN, and now Mr. Kamiya is working on a new title also for the Gamecube. Mmmmm? two new titles on top of

Resident Evil
    Resident Evil 0
    Resident Evil 4
    Cas-Ra
    Glass Rose

Or being more realistic, just one... Project Devil?! or maybe it could be a spin-off DMC game for the PS2 who knows. E3 should tell us what we want to know.
    I hope the game is a Devil May Cry follow up or atleast plays simular.
    It seems the Gamecube is quickly becoming the horror console of choice for Capcom. Yay!

Capcommie Guest
    While I expect everything to be much more clear after E3, I expect that some of these have to be longer term projects. To my knowledge, Mikami's team is not big enough to be working on that many titles at once.

3. Re: Capcom's Project Devil!?

Originally posted by GameHED
    In an update to the official Capcom site, Devil May Cry creator Shinji Mikami said that he and a new development team are working on a new project called Project Devil. Unfortunately, it wasn't revealed if this is indeed Devil May Cry 2, but Mikami mentioned that the game will not have Dante as its hero and that it will be officially unveiled soon."

And now defected Devil May Cry- 2 director, Hideki Kamiya is now working on a mysterious Gamecube title which he revealed a small little tidbit on what to expect:

working hard night and day on a new project with a new staff. A new hero just as strong as Dante is now running around in our monitors and I think we'll be able to introduce you this character very soon.

Thanks to all the people who loved DMC. Goodbye Dante, we'll see you again someday when you come back even stronger. And please look forward to the day our new hero makes an explosive debut!"

So... Shinji said he was also doing a non- Biohazard title for the GCN, and now Mr. Kamiya is working on a new title also for the Gamecube. Mmmmm? two new titles on top of

Resident Evil
    Resident Evil 0
    Resident Evil 4
    Cas-Ra
    Glass Rose

Or being more realistic, just one... Project Devil?! or maybe it could be a spin-off DMC game for the PS2 who knows. E3 should tell us what we want to know.
    I hope the game is a Devil May Cry follow up or atleast plays simular.
    It seems the Gamecube is quickly becoming the horror console of choice for Capcom. Yay!

Argh..why the hell is this kiddy console getting all of these mature games!?!?!?
    It's a mirror image!

4. it was said awhile ago that Capcom would be making alot more exclusives for the GC then just the resident evil games (ive heard rumors of the total number of exclusives not including the RE games was in the double digits)

and i really hope you were being sarcastic fentoozer

5. woohoo.. GC is starting to become Dreamcast 2...

GC=DC.... wait is that a good thing...

6. Originally posted by maruchan
    woohoo.. GC is starting to become Dreamcast 2...

GC=DC.... wait is that a good thing...
    actually, capcom USA only released one original dreamcast title, code veronica, which has since been ported to the PS2.