Thread: XBox moding, cus it overheats like a &!^@#

1. XBox moding, cus it overheats like a &!^@#

Can anyone who has installed, or knows someone who has, an extra fan unit at the top of of their XBox unit tell me if it makes a difference? I've been playing PSO and it overheats my Box something nasty to the point where the game locks up and I lose a lot of stuff costing me precious Meseta. A list of pros and cons would be nice as would a link to an idiot proof guide to installing it.

I've had my Xbox on for over 24 hours at a time, constantly playing CVS2 (no, not just me playing... dork) and nothing like this has ever happened to me.

Perhaps the problem lies in the game, and not the system?

Something to consider anyway...

3. Haha while possible, I for can vouch for PSO not overheating the system. When it launched I played the thing nearly non-stop for a good 5 days, and the system kept on trucking. I can also tell you that PSO does not overheat the DC or the GC, under similar test conditions

4. It's a fairly common problem with PSO period -- not your console overheating.

5. Oddly while playing online I rarely have an issue with it but after extended offline play the music cuts out at times and once I try to TP back to Pioneer 2 the system locks after which it refuses to read the disk. I tried it earlier this morning and it was working fine so I just figured it was an overheating issue.

Its actually because PSO sucks so much pipe your Xbox is trying to keep you from playing it.