Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Initial D Zip Zaps to be released at Radio Shack (They're out)

1. Xbox 360 I Initial D Zip Zaps to be released at Radio Shack (They're out)

Ain't this somethin'?
    According to Sub, there were already Inital D mini-RCs in Japan, though I doubt these'll be the same...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D2.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	4017  

2. Cool...how is Initial D, anyway? I almost read the manga, but decided otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. It's a fun show to watch if you life cars. But please stay away from TokyoPop's version of the manga. They changed the names up, the plot, everything! It's really stupid. Go buy the bootleg DVD's (of all stages) from eBay for like $10 and watch the series. DORIFTU!

4. You can already buy them, well, the Japanese one's that is. They've had them at Rising Sun Creations since June.

5. Tokyopop's changing the anime to suit "American" tastes too. Same name and plot changes as the manga, plus the music has been changed from JPOPish stuff to Americrap. They say they'll leave the original version alone for the DVDs, but I trust Tokyopop and Stu Levy as much as I trust the Church of the Subgenius (i.e. not very much at all -- Bob be praised and all that, but be ye wary!).

This is one of the few releases that I really couldn't care less about promoting the domestic version for.

6. The 'unedited' version of Tokyopop's Initial D anime release is still edited and altered. Animeondvd has further info about it. Don't care for the series myself though.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. I've been called out. These might maybe possibly be a domestic release of the Bit CharG cars. I know OF Zip Zaps but don't know much about them. Anyhow, this is what my set came with:

Base part (wheels engine etc)
    Two bodies (AE86 and RX-7) to place over the car
    Controller/charger: The way these cars work is you put the batteries in the remote, connect the car to the remote (it mounts on top), and then drive the car around for a few minutes until the charge dies. Repeat.

On a side note, one of the other Bit CharG sets they sell is the car from Castle of Cagliostro, something I nearly bought at Otakon but they wanted like 45 for it.

They're neat but I bought them a year or so ago. You may or may not be able to get your hands on them, if you're still interested in the imports with these around.
    Subatomic Brainfreeze, Licensed Professional

8. Quote Originally Posted by Sub
    On a side note, one of the other Bit CharG sets they sell is the car from Castle of Cagliostro, something I nearly bought at Otakon but they wanted like 45 for it.
    Wait... Teh Shack is selling this?

Initial D makes me happy. It's a fun show, but I wouldn't go for the Tokyo Pop stuff, either. Ebay is the place for anime DVD's, in my opinion.

I dig those little R/C cars, so I'd probably pick up an Initial D set just for kicks.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Lhadatt
    Wait... Teh Shack is selling this?
    Nope, not the Bit Char-G stuff. I was just talking about those because the Zip Zaps remind me of/could be the Bit Char-G cars released domestically. Lupin's car on the other hand, will probably remain in Japan.
    Subatomic Brainfreeze, Licensed Professional