Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Complete Bastard!!

1. I remember watching first few episodes, and somewhat liking this. Never got to pick up the dvd though, but I should scout Ebay for good price.

DJ has couple of figurines from Bastard, those are tight.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    Funny you should mention Bastard, since the manga stopped in Japan a couple of years ago, but only restarted this month. Pity I've only seen translations in Spanish, not english, though the art is incredible... and all the women have huge knockers.
    Well i got the first 6 volumes in English from VIZ comics

3. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox
    Well, the story didn't end at the last episode, so I didn't know if there were other discs out there. I forgot about the crazy Country names, like Meta-Rikana and Waito Suneiku, another cool, if bizarre touch.
    Like I said above, the names of everything were changed to avoid lawsuits. Originally, everything was named after 80's metal bands. Meta-Rikana is actually called "Metallica", there are spells called "Megadeth" and "Guns And Roses".

Again I ask, though, where do people get translated manga from? Is it out in the U.S., can they just read Japanese, or are they there english versions that are just unavailable in the states?
    The translated manga's published in the U.S. by Viz. I see it all over the place. Try looking in a big book store like Boarders or Barnes and Noble or seeing if a comic book store can order it for you.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. I just wish that I could know whats going on in the current manga series. They are up to 21 or something and so far I have deducted that everyone is dead......

OMG! I forgot teh spoiler tag!

Not like anyone that speaks english will knwo what Im talkin about anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Like I said above, the names of everything were changed to avoid lawsuits. Originally, everything was named after 80's metal bands. Meta-Rikana is actually called "Metallica", there are spells called "Megadeth" and "Guns And Roses".
    I know, I got it. Uwaito Suneiku = White Snake

The translated manga's published in the U.S. by Viz. I see it all over the place. Try looking in a big book store like Boarders or Barnes and Noble or seeing if a comic book store can order it for you.
    Hmm..I'll look around. We have a huge comic shop on campus that deals with lots of nerdy stuff, I'm sure they'll have manga too. My g/f buys all the X manga...I'm surprised how expensive it is, especially since it's only B & W.