Thread: Ai Yori Aoshi

1. Ai Yori Aoshi

[thumbnail]http://www.jpophelp.com/cdscans/JPN-PIBA-1369_front.jpg[/thumbnail]

So, I borrowed this series from my girlfriend...and while it was initially almost too sappy, it grew on me, and I eventually watched the whole thing.

I haven't seen any others, but it's structured alot like those other "harem" animes, like Tenchi or Love Hina, while a generally unremarkable fellow is surrounded by hot, doting women. The backstory was interesting in Aoshi, though, and at first it seemed like it might even be making some commentary on traditional japanese values....but alas, that soon dissolved into romantic sappiness and a ton of large-breast jokes and situations. It's also drawn and animated very well, and while I'm not a fan of the concave eyes, everything was generally very pleasing and pretty.

It's too bad Kaoru's male friends weren't given more screentime, as they were pretty humorous themselves. And of course, Aoi is the token shy japanese girl, that while absolutely flat in a wafuku, is inhumanly hot out of it...go figure. I also liked there pet ferret, who behaves in a way that makes me think no one working on the show has actually seen a ferret before.

Anyway, I don't know what Love Hina and stuff like that is like, but I bet if you're into that you'll like this show. It had some touching moments, and like I mentioned before, plenty of large breasts.

2. You saw the whole thing?

And this series is WAAAAAAY too sappy. I had to sit through 20 godawful minutes of "Kaoru-sama...I love you..." "No Aoi-chan, I love you..." "Oh Kaoru-sama...I love you even more..." "Aoi-chan...I love you more and more..." "Ohh Kaoru-sama....."

Chobits is FAR better.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Freeter
    You saw the whole thing?
    I was stuck in AK for a while, and there was a distinct lack of anime. I agree that the beginning and ending episodes were practically retch-worthy, but the bulk of the episodes were amusing in that weird, anime way.

I hear about chobits alot, but my girlfriend detests it, and she's a Clamp fan...so I've never checked it out. I didn't really like X all that much, though.

4. I'd rather watch Ataru trying and continually failing to get a harem rather than all these anime with sexless male leads surrounded by women who can barely keep their clothes on for no reason at all.

Is the Chobits anime less creepy than the manga? I tried to like it, but found it a bit too disturbing and lolita complex friendly to continue.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

5. I like the series. My friend says he liked it better than Love Hina, but I must dissagree with that.

6. Where's 88 when you need him.