Thread: choaniki question

1. choaniki question

Is Ai Choaniki for PC Engine the same game as the Saturn version of Choaniki? Are either versions the same as the PSX Choaniki? Not a collector, so I don't want to buy multiple versions of the same game...
    Any version superior (& why)?

Thanks

2. I know the SNES one is a fighting game, and the PCEngine and Saturn shooters are different. No clue about the PSX one.

3. I have a few shots of Cho Aniki games in this thread, not much info though:

http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/s...ighlight=aniki

Cho Aniki (Turbo Duo)- shooter in a dark fantasy world. You control one of two characters with a normal shot and power shot (performed by releasing the fire button a second). The game is designed by the same company as Wings of Wor to give a idea of the design. Solid gameplay, good graphics, a odd yet impressive soundtrack, and little loading. Easy game though.

Ai Cho Aniki (Turbo Duo)- Adon and Samson, two musclemen from the first game are the main characters. The play mechanics are odd for a shooter. Your characters fire different shots depending how you tap the direction pad and buttons. Also since the characters are large you can hold another button to make them invincible. You'd think this would be a major problem in a shooter however there's a time limit in each stage so you can't turtle on every mini-boss/enemy. The game is definitely "different" than the first game and yet the music and graphics are among the best on PCE, it's a well made title if you let it by your hetero defenses. One problem though. The turbo pad is a pain to execute moves on, and it hurts the game.

Cho Aniki (Wonderswan)- Card game, never played.

Cho Aniki (Saturn/PSone)- Same game, supposed to be a remake of the PCE original, though alot of backgrounds and enemies are different. I found it sloppy and the photoshop and digitized graphics really lacked the style of the hand drawn Turbo games.

*-neo